Fifteen | I can't do this anymore

A L E S S I O

I spent the day with Stella while she went on and on about how I shouldn't have other girls staying over, no matter what we're doing or not doing. Stella and I, we used to have fun. The sex was amazing, we were comfortable with each other's presence, and we would even talk sometimes. "It's not right Alessio, you need to stay away from her." A voice pulls me from my thoughts

Now it just seems like a drag, and I think I know the reason why.

"Stella I can't do this anymore." I said, cutting off her endless string of rants, her face hardened.

"What?" She mutters angrily.

"You and I, we're done. I can't keep doing this, we can't keep doing this. You have to agree, this isn't healthy." I've always been too stubborn to apologize to anyone. Stella is one of those hard headed people that can never say those words or admit when she's wrong. So we both accepted that neither of us would ever say those words, it's been toxic to say the least.

"I'll tell you what isn't healthy! Having another girl, who you're clearly interested in, stay the night at your house, alone! Then, spending all day with me pretending like you actually cared about this relationship, just to dump me on your doorstep! You are what isn't healthy in this relationship." She seethes, stopping to take a deep breath. "And by the way, everyone can tell your head over heels for her, maybe you two are friends but I doubt you want it to stay that way."

"I know you and I are not on good terms but don't ever mention a word of her to anyone, it's business." I gave her a stern look. She knew I was serious and nodded understandingly. Stella knows what I do, she used to be terrified, not growing up around it but it's always been safe here.

We both turn when we hear footsteps and see Aaliyah walking up wide eyed, she has a look that says 'I do not want to be here'. Steering clear of us, she rushes around us to the door. As she reaches to open the door, Stella stops her.

"Wait, Li I need a ride." Aaliyah nods and they both walk off to the car without another word, Stella more stomping than walking. I noticed Aaliyah looking at me questioningly but I ignored it. No doubt Stella will tell her all about it.

Now, I must go apologize to the girl who's opinion strangely seems to matter to me more than anyone else's.

I get in my car and drive to Aisling's place. It's dark out, and my car is silent. All I can think about is how much I want to see her. I saw the hurt in her eyes today when she ran off. Stella has been a distraction, but I can't stay away from Aisling, and I'm beginning to think she can't stay away from me either.

I pull in front of her apartment building and park. I peek over to see the lights are on in her apartment. I head inside and walk down the hallway to her doo very slowly. I'm not used to this, I don't apologize.

I knock on the door and moments later a petite girl with dark chocolate bronzed skin and natural black curly hair let loose. She shoots me a questioning look.

"Is Aisling here?"

"Yeah, one sec." she eyes me suspiciously before slightly closing the door, walking away to grab Aisling. When she reappears with Aisling my eyes widen in concern, her eyes are red and puffy, like she's been crying. Her normally tan face was pale of color, heavy bags present underneath her eyes. Aisling steps outside, dressed in a thin white cropped tank top and black athletic leggings.

"What is it?" She asks, sounding exhausted.

"Never mind that for now, dolcezza. What's wrong?" She narrows her eyes at me.

"Would you stop calling me that? It's weird, and your girlfriend is already upset with me so let's just not."

"I don't have a girlfriend, and I never should've gotten back with her first place."

"Then why did you? Why take me on a date when you have a woman?" Ever since she's come into my life it's so hard to think about anyone or anything other than her. She was like a storm that came in and demolished everything I thought I knew.

"I don't have a woman, and I never have. I think that's why I want you so bad. I tried to forget about you, but dammit, Aisling, you're the only thing on my mind. You have to admit there's something between us that neither of us can ignore." I look down to her with my pleading eyes, starting to accept how vulnerable I constantly make myself around her already. "I'm sorry, Aisling, I know I fucked up but you make me so crazy. I would do anything to be with you, to show you how much you've changed me." Her eyes widen and I can tell she wants to believe me but she is one of the least trusting people I know.

"I- I can't do this anymore. I really need time to think. Please go." She walks back in and closes the door, I made no attempt to stop her.

I can't do this anymore. The same words I had said to Stella earlier. She's frustrated with me. I'm the issue, and I'm just now starting to realize that.

I deserve this. Every second of it.

I tilt my head back in frustration as I let myself slide down the wall. I sit silently, leaning my head back, thinking of all the good things she's brought out of me.

Good isn't usually a word that I would associate myself with, but when it comes to Aisling, I don't want to just be good for her, I want to be the best. Although I don't know exactly what that means.

Just I'm about to get up the door opens and Aisling walks out with a duffel bag slung around her shoulder. She spares a quick glance when she notices me, furrowing her eyebrows before silently continuing down the hall.

I wait a moment, then I begin making my way back to the car. I hear a door open behind me, my head turns around to find Aisling's friend, Bailey, locking up her apartment.

I stop and turn towards her, when she reaches the end of the hallway where I am she gives me a questioning look. "Is she okay?" Is all I can say.

She approaches me hesitantly. "She's going through a rough time. I know I don't know you and all but you don't seem good for her." My heart sunk at the extremely truthful words. "I don't know exactly what's been going on but I know Aisling. Ever since you came into her life she's been so...dismal. Just not the same bright, positive Aisling we all know and love. Take that as you wish but something is wrong here, and I will always do what I think is right for my best friend."

After my chat with Aisling's friend, I realize she's right. Aisling is a compassionate kind person, and I'm a vicious killer. Her good heart shouldn't be tainted with my darkness.

I need to stay away from Aisling.

No matter how much it hurts, this is what's best for her.

******

A/N: bahaha

Will Aisling come to her senses and admit she's into Alessio?

Will Alessio and Aisling ever stop being annoying? Who knows! Jkjk character development is for sure in the works.

What in the world is Derry up to?

Who's the most suspicious characters so far?

What do we know about Aisling's past?

Hehe I'm evil and this book will be a roller coaster ride.