Thirty Five | Flames

Warning: This one is smutty. :D

A I S L I N G

I jumped on the bed, plopping myself onto my back. I stared up at the ceiling, which I noticed had been painted black. Its a perfect contrast to the snow white walls surrounding it.

I came here, agreeing to talk to Alessio, though for some reason it feels like I'm agreeing to more.

I washed up and changed into some of Aaliyah's clothes, and now I wait.

I continued to simply stare at it for I dont even know how long, until heavy footsteps came through the open door from the hallway.

Someone clears their throat at the door and I burst up, finding Alessio standing there, a hint of a smile upon his face.

"Dolcezza, what are you doing?" He asks, amused. I hide my shock at hearing that name again...yeah, we were never just friends.

"Just thinking," I trail off.

"About?"

"Us." I spit out truthfully, I'm working on it, trying to be completely honest.

"And what do you think about us?" He asks as he steps forward, placing his hands on my hips, and pulling me closer. I inhale his woody scent...familiar hints of musky amber immediately present. I shake out the overwhelming power his scent holds over me, looking up to him.

"I want to try. For you, nope, for the both of us. I feel... I feel like we both push away the dark sides of ourselves. I think we should start over, being more open about all the bad shit, because no matter how hard we try to diminish those parts of us, they still are a part of us. If you're willing to accept this other side of me, I am too but we need to get to know those sides of each other. All I know for sure, is that when it comes down to it, I want to be by your side. I honestly apologize for not being more honest in the past." I confess, finally communicating with him properly, it feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders that I had no idea was even there.

Yes, I know I'm terrible at communicating. I had only thought I was doing well at communicating how I felt before.

Though, now I see, it all comes back to me and my struggles with being fully honest about how I truly feel. I feel vulnerable and exposed but with Alessio, it isn't so bad.

"I'm sorry too, dolcezza, I don't think either of us were being completely honest before. I've been completely stupid, but no one else has ever made me feel the way I do with you. I didn't think anyone could make me feel completely tethered to them but that is the truth about you. Tornero sempre da te." I will always come back to you. He declares seriously, and to my ears, his voice is like a song. My chest tightens, my heart warms and I get almost dizzy at the feelings exploding inside me. I cant shake that feeling either, whenever we are together, its like he lights up something inside me. Hopefully I can do that for him too. "I want to admit something, Dolcezza. He starts, almost warily. "You don't have to say a word back but I can finally tell you this and I will not waste another second staying quiet now that you're back here. Standing right in front of me." Worry starts to fill my head. I push away the side of me that instinctively pulls away from commitment.

"Less, You're scaring me." He reaches a hand and tenderly cups the side of my face.

"I like it when you call me that." He smiles to himself mostly, before turning back to face me. "Though, don't be scared. It doesnt suit you." He smirks knowingly, that earns a small smile from me. "I love you." He breathes out, and I can tell I'm not the only one with problems admitting how I feel.