Twenty Seven | Faith

A A L I Y A H

I wait ardently as the phone rings, I've finally gotten ahold of Nate's phone number, and called him immediately.

"Just let me do it, you've never even met him." Dante tries, earning a narrowed glare from me.

With his attitude and reputation? No thanks. That will get us nowhere. Plus it's more likely that I'd be looking for her considering she and Dante aren't that close. He just pines for her from afar.

"Oops. Too late." I whisper to him as the line stops ringing.

"Hello?" Nate's gruff voice answers from the other end.

"Hi, my name is Aaliyah Corsello. I'm assuming this is Nate? I really have to speak with Aisling. Do you know where I can reach her?" I used my sweet talking voice in hopes of getting him to let something out.

"Get in line. I'm sorry Aaliyah but I don't know where she is or how to reach her." My intuition says he's lying.

I can't walk away with nothing from the only lead we have.

"Are you sure? It's just extremely important. I'm very concerned about her." I try again, letting the true worry seep through my voice.

"Look, for what it's worth, I'm genuinely worried about her too. I've been looking into it though, I'll call you if I find her."

"Nate we both know, if she ran herself, she would've come to you at some point." I know I'm pushing it but I am just so uneasy about all this.

"Well if that's the case, she hasn't yet, so I'll be waiting by the phone. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep the line open." I sigh.

"Alright. Call this number if you hear from her, please." I plead and hang up, turning grimly towards Dante and Valentina.

"No luck." I sigh, placing the phone on the table.

I hear them both huff and we all end up just looking down disappointedly trying to figure out what else could help us.

"He was vague but he did say he was looking into it, and will call us if he finds her. But just think about it, if Aisling was on the run by herself, Nate is really the only person she'd tell since she's always been closer to him than anyone." I mention, trying to bring us some hope. We need to believe she's okay.

"Okay. Then we start looking at the agent she was seen talking to. We need to find out who put him up to it." Dante suggests eagerly.

"I've already started with that. Kind of. His name is Jamie Hadley. He went to the same high school as Aisling. It could've just been an innocent run in." Valentina adds. Nothing innocent about that...No way it's just a coincidence.

"Not likely if he's an FBI agent." Dante grunts my same thoughts.

"I'll go see Leonardo. I'm going to have him do some further digging, see what he finds. We need to start putting together evidence that Aisling isn't a traitor. Gio's is circumstantial, at best. Sooner or later Alessio will come to his senses. I'm sure of it."

"Are you sure? Ever since Damon's death, he's been weary of trusting women who get close to him. He sure as hell didn't trust Stella, what makes you think it'll turn out different this time?"

"He's never been in love before." I state honestly, turning back towards the hall which leads to the computer room.

Although I feel for Dante, it's simply the truth, he might be in denial to see it but the rest of us do.

We came back to the New York estate since it's empty anyways and we need the resources.

Nobody is supposed to be here except for Andy but we called in Leo to help. He's a computer genius, a complete technical prodigy.

There's not much that can hide from him and his hacking skills.

I open the door and step in, immediately the sounds of machines whirring surround me as well as the many computers and machines around the room.

I look over to see Leo typing away amongst a key board. He barely gives me a glance, to let me know his ears have my attention when his eyes stay glued to the computer screen.

"Hey, Aaliyah. What do you need?" He chirps, sipping on an energy drink.

"A deep dive. Anything and everything you can find out about this guy, Jamie Hadley."

"You got it. I'll let you know when I find something." Leo has always made a point to never say things like if. He says when because he knows he will, and he always delivers.

I nod and step back out the room, leaving him to it.

Leo hates when people linger around. The computer room is his sanctuary, and he prefers working alone.

I head to the bar to grab a drink. Dante sits along the bar, nursing a glass of whiskey. I make one of Aisling's favorite pineapple mojitos in the sense of being hopeful.

I hate dwelling on things I can't change, I just can't help but worry about her.

I just have to have faith in the fact that she's okay.

Everything will be fine.