Seventeen | Awkward Situations

A L E S S I O

The look of pure defeat that clouds Aisling's face as I pulled out of the kiss confused me, but it also made me feel like a piece of shit. I really do care for this girl and for that reason, I need to do what's right for her.

She ran, and I push the chick I was making out with to the side. I go upstairs and grab my stuff, frustrated, I leave and go back home.

When I say home, I mean my apartment across from Aisling's. For some reason, I feel at comfort here. I just have this constant urge to be near her, even though I know she doesn't want to see me right now. I can't really say I blame her either, I've been a fucking dick but it's only because I'm so conflicted about her, whether I can trust her or not, and what exactly it is that I feel for her. All I know is that it's something entirely different from anything I've ever experienced before.

I shift my attention to the work at my desk for a while in an attempt to keep my mind from wandering off into dangerous areas. My phone buzzes from my pocket, a call from Giovanni.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Man. I know you trust her and all but I've been looking into Aisling." He pauses and continues after I stay silent. Matter of the fact is I had more reason to look into her than just being Greg's assistant but I didn't tell Gio because I knew he'd see right through me. "She's just been evicted, for identity fraud. She isn't who she says is, I can't seem to find who she is." Aisling was evicted? That screams Derry to me.

"Don't worry about it. Stop looking into it. That's a direct order, and don't tell anyone about this. I've already been looking into Aisling myself, she has some suspicious connections but it's nothing solid yet, I'll deal with it."

"You got it, sorry boss."

I hung up and against my best judgment, sent a text to Aisling.

I heard about the eviction. My place is protected and big so you're always welcome. Stay as long as you want. Just text Aaliyah if you're interested. I won't be around much.

I have lots of traveling ahead of me and if I'm gone a lot it shouldn't be awkward. I texted Aaliyah and let her know just in case. I spent the rest of my night getting all my schedules in order for the busy months to come.

A I S L I N G

I wake up feeling groggy and extra tired. I immediately went to wash my face with cold water in order to wake me up, which didn't help much. I brush my teeth and drag myself out to the kitchen.

This was definitely a morning of the living dead for me. I lazily grabbed one of the bags of cut up mixed fruits that I prepped the other day and threw it into a blender with some mango nectar juice.

After settling down with my smoothie I took a quick look around at all the half packed boxes scattered throughout my apartment and groaned. I was feeling extra lazy today but I knew it had to be done.

I decided to ignore it for the moment and grabbed my phone. I saw a text from Alessio and scoffed at the message.

I couldn't live at his place, at least not after finding out I have feelings for him. That was already all together was just too weird for me. That could lead to some very awkward situations. Then I think about Bailey. She has nothing to do with any of this and I don't want her to, living with her might put her in danger.