Thirty Six | Home

A I S L I N G

"I think it's finally happening with them." I hear Aaliyah's voice from the kitchen, making me freeze behind the kitchen wall.

"It was inevitable, have you seen them?" Is that Dante?What the hell are they talking about?

"How have you been feeling? About it all." Aaliyah asks, and I'm even more confused.

"Amazing. Because of you." Holy. Fucking. Shit. When did this happen?

"You know, I've been meaning to bring this up, what are we? Or what do you want this to be?"

"I didn't expect this, I don't think either of us did, but I want more than just sex with you. I like you Aaliyah. What do you want?"

"You." I suddenly wonder why the fuck I'm intruding on such an intimate moment. I tip toe away from the kitchen, making sure to be unheard.

I run back into Alessio's room once I'm up the stairs. I walk in to find him sitting up, and awake now.

I rush to the bed, snuggling up against his warm body.

"Where did you run off to?" He asks lazily kissing my forehead, I try to hide that damn blush but my attempt is futile.

"To the kitchen, for some water, though I didn't get any..." I trail off.

"Why?" Alessio tilts his head, wondering where I'm going with this.

"Aaliyah and Dante seemed to be having a sort of intimate conversation in the kitchen." Alessio raises his brows and looks off, in thought.

"What?" I ask, because I just know he has something to say.

"That's funny because I swear Dante was pining for you all this time."

"What? Alessio, that's absurd!"

"Aisling, maybe you just don't know him as well as you think. Or the him before he met you that night." Alessio looks away, scowling, clearly jealous. I slap his bare chest and his eyes snap to mine, softening immediately.

"Even if that is true, which I don't believe, it clearly doesn't matter. I want you, and apparently Dante wants Aaliyah. There's no reason for you to be scowling mister."

"Mister? What? Are you scolding me?" His voice is still playful but his eyes darken with intensity.

"So what if I was?" I shrug nonchalantly.

Alessio pushes my head up against the headboard, a hand gripping my neck in the way that he does. I was lying every time I said it didn't turn me on.

"Dolcezza, there's so much you have to learn about me." I turn my head slightly, enough to be able to whisper into his ear.

"I could say the same for you, babe." I purr, his eyes darken, while his hand moves from my neck to my chin, bringing our lips together. He devours my lips like they are the life that cures the dark aura of death that shrouds him. I kiss him back like he is the only thing I need to feed my tainted black soul. Then I pull away, and he lets out a pained groan.