Eleven | What happens next

A I S L I N G

I sincerely had an amazing time with Alessio on our date, such a good time, that it made it really hard for me to tell him that I just wanted to be friends. I had to practically shove the words out of my mouth just to be able to say it.

I'm already starting to feel something for him, it's definitely better to cut those dangerous thoughts before they roam too far. I was a little surprised he agreed to stay friends, I genuinely thought he only wanted sex from this.

Over the time I've got to know him I've seen this whole side of him that's contradictory of everything I thought I knew before. I'd heard about his intimidating but also calm, cool, and collected attitude.

My cousin, Nate had talked about him a few times before, mentioning that Alessio was strategic and intelligent with every move he made. Today was the first glimpse I got of that side of him.

After our slightly awkward little conversation, men from the Russian mafia showed up to have a "chat" with Alessio. He told me to hide and of course, I couldn't help but eavesdrop.

I wish I hadn't though. I freaked when I heard who they were talking about and I had to run.

What if they knew?

What if they came there for me, not Alessio?

I always had this creeping feeling that my haunting past would come right back to bite me in the ass and here it is.

I shook off every one of Alessio's questions until he finally stopped asking them. We were both silent throughout the ride home. Even the goodbye was just a wave. I was thankful he didn't pry, but I just know I can never tell anyone.

You're being paranoid, bitch.

It's weird to say but Alessio would probably be the only person I could ever see myself wanting to tell. My friends would all probably be horrified, considering they didn't know a thing about my whole other life.

It's been three days since then and I've been isolating myself from everyone, trying to focus on work and school instead. You ever feel like you just need a break from people in general? I just want an escape where I can be alone, away from everything and everyone.

It's probably a good idea for me to stay incognito right now anyway, especially with Alexsei around. I remember him coming to the estate when I was 10, he was looking into his boss's disappearance and murder.

After my freak out, naturally, I dug up all the information I could find on him. He was Michail's right hand man for a long time, and took over as boss of the Russian mafia after Michail...died. He usually stays in Russia, sometimes Miami, but rarely New York.

What's he doing here? How long is he staying? So many questions and so little answers...

The incessant buzzing from my phone made it hard to isolate, so I removed it's SIM card and tucked it away the first night. I don't usually ignore people in my life like this, but I did send a text to everyone that I was okay, and wouldn't be able to be reached in the next few days.

Well, everybody except Alessio.

I assumed he wouldn't try to contact me anyways. An assumption which probably ended up being correct, Alessio doesn't really message anyways, he prefers the pop up at my apartment approach.

I spent the day doing paperwork for the cafe today. I'm really looking forward to the grand opening next month! My only plans tonight are to read and enjoy a relaxing bath because after going out today, I really need it.