Thirty Four | Together

A I S L I N G

My eyes jump all around, taking in every bit of my surroundings before this goes bad, because I know it will. I grip the gun tucked into my waistband behind me, and I carefully follow the bartender further back down a long ass hallway that doesn't seem to end.

We finally reach the very end and he opens the last door on the hallway. He walks right through, nonchalantly expecting me to follow, and I do, albeit hesitantly.

This isn't one of my smartest plans but it's all I've fucking got.

As I step in, the white walls and floor that surround it swallow the entire place up. The space is bright but the dirt on the walls and the scattered rusted chains depict the darkness it holds.

My eyes dart to the corner where I see Alessio looking at me, disappointment written all across his face, he sits next to an unconscious Gio laying next to him.

I scan the room and notice there isn't any other doors or windows, however, there is an older AC system built into the wall.

"Boss will be in soon." The bartender grunts, exiting the room and locking the door behind him.

I rush over, and crouch down in front of Alessio, undoing the knots. "Who?" Is all I can seem to say.

"Alexsei Sorokin." He breathes, looking to me for something, if I had to guess, an explanation.

"Why the fuck did you come here?" He huffs angrily.

"You know damn well why. Just shut up and let me help you." I let out with a sigh. I'm well aware that I could just cut through them but I spotted a video camera on my way in so I won't risk showing all my hands until I'm forced to.

"You aren't getting out of this alive." He states, matter of factly. "None of us are." I ignore him, continuing to loosen the complicated knots. "Do you at least have a plan?" I pull him into a hug, our foreheads lay against each other, and I conspicuously slip the second gun from the waistband holster under Alessio's black dress shirt. He clutches it immediately, the I feel a strong hand press to my kevlar vest and he smiles.

This man is fucking tied up, and injured from a car accident but smiling like a goof just because I'm wearing kevlar.

"Not a very good one." I murmur, still trying to focus on the damn knots, the ones around his wrist release and I move to the ones around his ankles. This one comes undone easy, I don't waste any time, moving over to Gio and working on his.

I hear the door open and I spring up, standing there, now facing Alexsei himself at last. It feels very overdue. In the back of my mind, I always knew this day would come.

"Look at that. You really do care for him, don't you? How sweet." He mocks, not looking away from my eyes for a second. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, the infamous Aisling. We have plenty to talk about."

"Only after you've let the two of them go. They aren't apart of this."

"Well that is certainly true, your boyfriend over here doesn't even know what happened, does he?" I shake my head.

"And that's exactly why you need to let them both go. That and the fact that you'd be starting an all out war. I know you're aware of the alliance, that'd be not one but two organizations you're up to bat with."