Five | Get out

A I S L I N G

Josephine understandably had many questions for me.

I kept my answers vague and told her as little as possible. I pleaded with her to just trust me and she agreed.

She's staying with her sister while I try to sort things out. Alessio is a very dangerous man and I need to make sure Josephine doesn't get hurt amongst all this.

It has been an entire day since the... altercation.

I've been deciding on my plan of action. I couldn't take it anymore. My dad had given me zero updates on the situation.

He told me not to worry but this is my life, I have to do something. I need it back to normal, whatever that is.

My brother Aedan was coming back today. I had been waiting for him intently. I didn't know much about Alessio De Luca and his family, my brother was friends with his older brother, Damon.

I woke early this morning and went outside to sit on the back patio.

I perched myself on one of the chairs, relaxing as I overlooked the pool and took in the views of the nature and land behind it.

I was startled by a loud voice booming from the side of the house.

I slowly crept over, keeping myself quiet. I peer slightly around the corner of the house and see my father screaming at Greg.

Greg had blood seeping out of his nose. "Do you know what happens to people who come after my family?" The man I call my father says in a calm, cold, and menacing tone.

"Please! Derry! I- I didn't know!" Greg pleaded but it was no use. I could tell from the sinister look in my dad's eyes, Greg was going to die for his mistakes.

I hear a deep scream and my eyes shoot to my dad's hands, holding the handle of a knife plunged deep into Greg's abdomen. Blood quickly drenched his shirt.

The look of pure terror spread across Greg's face as he fell was enough to make tears stream down my face.

I run back into the house, as silently as possible.

I pushed the flashes of what just happened as far away as possible while they etched themselves deep into my mind.

My dad always insisted to keep everything away from us ladies, like we were incapable of knowing the truth.

There were just some times when he couldn't control it. He couldn't keep it away when Alessio's parents passed though.

His mother was one of my mom's only friends besides Maddie, my mother was shaken when she heard the news, she had experienced a lot of loss but it hurts even the coldest people when it's someone you care about.

When Damon passed, Aedan was visibly upset, It took him a while to get through the grief.

I decide that enough is enough. I need to take action. I grab my things and trudge down to the car. I get in and zoom off. Before I know it I'm headed straight to our home in Connecticut.

When I arrive, I make it a point to get in, get what I need, and get out. I hurry through the office in the cottage, searching for files on Alessio.

Things are much easier this time as I actually know what I'm looking for. Nothing in the paper files. I get on his computer and start searching the De Luca name in his system.

Alessio's name pops up and I click the file. I jot down the 'Known Addresses' before shutting down the computer. I knew he'd have many properties, I was intent on going to every address on this list until I found him if he wasn't at the house he took me to.