Four | Who is she?

A L E S S I O

Very few people really know what I look like but many have heard my name and that of my family's.

After the death of my parents, my older brother, Damon, took over our family's organization. He trained me to torture, to kill, and to not feel anything. People like us don't get to feel things. He forced me to do all of his dirty work, I was a teenager, forced to grow up in an instant for this ugly world. My brother somehow fell in love, he brought Sally into our lives, and she killed him. There's a reason we shouldn't feel things, she was working for the russian mafia almost the entire time. Hired to get close enough and kill Damon.

He put all of his trust in her and she stabbed him in the back, not literally, she shot him in the face multiple times. I was the one who found him the next day, his face completely unrecognizable. I didn't  want to believe it was him at first but the familar tattoos littering his body confirmed it. He wasn't the best sibling but I still cared for him, he was all I had. I completely lost it but my old best friend, Rocco, came to town and helped me get my shit together. He knew he had to help me because I was the new head of our mafia, I needed to be stronger now more than ever. After fully taking over, I wasn't the same person anymore. I don't think I'll ever be.

                                             —

I'm hoping to gain an alliance with Derry Cagney, the leader of the Irish mafia. He's very powerful, we could really use him as an Ally. The Irish and the Italians were rivals until my parents had formed an alliance with him during their time, they were quite close with him and his wife, I don't really remember much of it because I was so little at the time but my brother and I used to hang out with their kids. They had two girls and one boy. We all got along so well because we had been raised quite similarly. I recall my brother was always closest with their eldest, Aedan. My brother and him kept in contact, the two of them were pretty good friends.

My parents had warned us that the Cagney's kept strict tabs on their children, stricter than my own parents, and we were never to mention them to anybody.

Aiden was the only one anyone else had ever heard of since he got into the business when he turned 18. I don't remember the names of the other two children.

I should be meeting them (again) soon though, Derry invited me to a dinner meeting at his home later this week.

If everything goes well, we'll each have a new powerful ally and our organizations will strengthen together.

Although I trust Derry, one of his men, Greg Penny, has always been suspicious to me.

I often take it upon myself to familiarize myself with almost everyone in this business. I need to know things about them before they know a thing about me.

I've had men watching him for weeks. He had been meeting some russian men, whom I suspected were from the russian mafia.

They paid him some money at one meeting, at another they gave him a silver briefcase.

I also watched his assistant closely, they're usually in on it. She was absolutely gorgeous, with a vibrant, olive toned, and freckled face that held youth to it.

Her brown eyes were soft and inviting sometimes, but also look like they can bore straight into your soul at others.

At first she seemed really normal, I didn't even think she knew anything about what Greg really did but then I looked a little deeper, and that was as far as I could go. Literally.