Nineteen | Igniting a spark

A/N - Beware! This chapter includes smut & violence/blood !Expect more throughout the rest of the book!

A L E S S I O

"So tell me, what were you doing in my warehouse?" I glare at the Russian man that was caught breaking into a shipment warehouse of mine earlier today. He managed to kill one of my people and injured another, so let's just say I'm not feeling generous about how this is going to go.

He's restrained to a chair and blood drips down it, pooling underneath. He certainly wasn't at the warehouse to steal the shipment, he would've known he needed more men for that.

He sat silently, just like he'd been every time I've asked him a question. I grab a knife from the table next to me and stab it into his leg, that would be the third stab, I think. His screams fill the air. I roll my eyes waiting for him to talk... or die.

"I will never talk. Might as well kill me." He speaks at once. I look deep in his eyes, searching for the truth. This man holds it behind his words. I'd probably have to start removing body parts before he'll break his loyalty, and even then it's not a done deal. Frankly, his information isn't that important to me.

So be it.

"You're right." I smile before removing the knife from his leg and jabbing into his gut for one last fatal stab.

I turn and nod to my men to take care of the mess as I remove my blood stained shirt and toss it aside. I walk out of the dingy room and down the long corridor to the main room of the basement.

"Hey boss, what happened in there?" Gio comes up to me.

"He's dead" I say flatly, running a hand through my hair.

"Did he say anything?" Gio asks, leaning up against the wall.

"No, what the fuck is up with the twenty one questions Gio?"

"It was two questions! Damn. What's got you in a mood today?" I say nothing, just glare at him darkly, resisting the urge to strangle him. Gio always knows how to get on my bad side and yet I let him get away with it. "It's that girl isn't it? Why are you even letting her move in here?"

"I'd shut up right about now if I were you." I didn't have the time or patience to deal with this right now.

It isn't my favorite place down here. It's bleak, cold and dark, the concrete that surrounds it is a constant dreary reminder of the terrible memories that have taken place here.

I continue down the dark hallway to my office, stalking in, and shutting the door so people know not to bother me.

Sadly that doesn't apply to the phone and I'm made aware of that once my phone starts ringing. Today is just one of those days when everything, even the tiniest little thing; like talking to people, is largely irritating.

I'm even more irritated by the name on the screen. Even disregarding my latest personal differences with him, something suspicious is definitely going on in the business side of works and I'm not so sure our newfound alliance will work out like we thought it would.

"Hello Derry, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I feel as though the two of us should meet up, I've heard of your recent shipment theft and I think I may be of assistance. I also must admit, I've got a personal agenda to settle as well." He speaks bluntly, yet with a calmness to his voice.