😔 💔 Teacher 4 💔 😔

Written: February 25, 2021

Takes place: Modern AU

Request: Completing the series

Note: Eruri 4 life.

~~~

"Oh- Mr. Ackerman."

"Tch." He said looking past you into your apartment. 'Filthy.' He thought.

"W-what is it?"

"Are you going to invite me into your filthy apartment or what?"

"It's not filthy..." You stepped aside and let Levi come in. He brushed his hands on top of the tv which was covered in dust.

"Not filthy my ass..."

"I'm just really busy okay, and who even dusts the tv?!" Levi glared at you, so you shut up. "So... why did you actually come here?"

"Erwin's a fucking mess. He's a worse mess than this apartment." You frowned.

"And what am I supposed to do about that?"

"You need to get back with him." Levi said looking around your apartment.

"He could lose his job. And I could be kicked out of school."

"So keep it a damn secret." He said gritting his teeth.

"Why do you care so much? You got what you wanted! We're over for... probably forever!"

"You haven't seen him like I have. You think he looks bad at school? Well, he's been drinking himself unconscious every night. Hanji and I have been doing all the grading."

"I did notice it wasn't his handwriting on my papers..." You murmured. "But still, why have you suddenly changed your mind? You're the one who made us-"

"You have no idea how fucking lucky you are." He said turning around to glare at you.

"What?"

"I'll help you guys keep it a secret okay? Just get back with him."

"I... I don't know about that."

"Why? I thought you loved Erwin."

"I do, but I can't waste the lifetime of studying I've done just to get kicked out of this school."

"I said I'll help you two keep it a fucking secret."

"Why do you care so much?!"

"BECAUSE I LOVE HIM." Levi yelled out. He panted as if he had just run a marathon. Your mouth opened in surprise, but you quickly recovered.

"Then shouldn't you be happy that he's single again?"

"I want him to be happy. Even if it's not with me." He said quietly.

"Levi..."

"Don't call me that. So? Are you going to do it?" You sighed and thought about it for a while.

"Tell him this: School will be done in two months, and then we'll spend the whole summer together. I just can't risk it anymore during school." Levi nodded.

"Fine. And never. Never tell anyone about... me."

"I promise I won't." Levi gave you a side glance and sighed.

"Come with me."

Meanwhile, about thirty minutes away, Erwin was in the dark of his bathroom holding his pounding head. Even though he was hungover, his hand was wrapped around a giant bottle of whiskey. Tears filled his eyes when he thought of Y/n, the beautiful person who didn't trust or love him anymore. Y/n, who had left him so easily because someone had found out. Was Y/n ashamed of him? Was he not good enough? His stomach turned and he felt like throwing up.

Bzzt.

Bzzt.

He looked at his phone that vibrated on the sink counter.

Bzzt.

Could they be from Y/n? No. What a hopeful, delusional fool he was. They were from Levi. Erwin gripped the bottle tighter and took a giant gulp of it.

Bzzzzzzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzzzzzt.

Now Levi was calling him. 'Leave me alone.' Erwin thought. Just so Levi would stop annoying him, he opened his phone and read the text messages.

Levi: Oi

L: Oi

L: Y/n said they'll get back with you.

L: Finally. You read it. Where were you? Why were you ignoring my texts?

Erwin started typing something, but then he deleted it, and retyped it again.

Erwin: Are you sure? Completely sure?

L: Yeah.

E: What did Y/n say exactly?

L: Something like 'School's done in two months, we'll spend all of the summer together. I don't want to risk it during school.' Something like that.

Erwin's heartbeat escalated.

L: We're coming over. Right now.

Erwin flicked on the bathroom light and flinched. Just the light itself gave him a headache. Once his eyes were adjusted and he saw himself, he got depressed. 'Just one look at me and Y/n will leave again. I'm such a fucking loser.'  Then he looked out the door of the bathroom to the living area which was trashed with bottles of alcohol and old fast food bags and containers. Erwin cringed. He splashed his face with water and shaved as quickly as possible. He got a giant garbage bag and picked all the bottles and food off the floor. He collected his dirty laundry and put it in a hamper. Then he checked the time and got into new unstained  clothes. Even though he wasn't nearly up to his usual standard, it was a lot better than what it had been. All the while, he powered through his hangover.

Finally, you and Levi arrived at Erwin's apartment.

"Why did you want me to come here?"

"Watch. I bet he's cleaned himself up."

"You made me come here so he would clean his apartment?"

"Yeah." As the two of you walked up to the door of his apartment, you raised your hand to knock on the door, but it opened before you could.

"Hi Y/n, Levi."