💔 Goodbye 💔

Written: January 8, 2020

Takes place: After Erwin's d___h

Request: Not a request

Note: This chapter is dedicated to Erwin. He was a handsome, strong, and intelligent man who led the Scout Regiment until his dying breath. I miss you. (;_;)

~~~

You looked back at your friends who had just rushed up to the roof.

"Y/n! You don't need to do this!" Yelled Hanji.

"Idiot! You think he'd have wanted this?" Shouted Levi.

"I can't do this anymore. I pretended before, but I can't keep it up. I loved him. He was my everything. He was my world."

"Y/n, we can help you."

"Not like Erwin can. If I could just join him-"

"No! Stop thinking like that! He's gone Y/n, people die everyday, all the time. You have so much more to live for."

"No, I don't. Erwin was my everything. I can't live without him. I can't live without my heart or soul, and he's both." Hanji started crying.

"Y/n... please don't do this."

"Hanji, don't worry about me. This is the easiest part, just walking right off the ledge. The hardest part was living without him." Levi walked toward you.

"If you come any closer I'll jump!" Levi stopped suddenly, afraid.

"Y/n, please, give us a minute. Listen to us for just a minute."

"Why should I listen to you?! You killed him. You were his closest friends. You said you loved him, you said you loved me. You let some newbie live instead of your Commander."

"I admit it was a mistake, but we can't change it, the only thing we can change is the present."

"I can't live anymore. I have nothing. Goodbye."

"WAIT NO!"

And with that, you walked right off.

~

"My name's Y/n. What's yours?"

"Erwin Smith. You have a nice name Y/n."

"Thank you!"

~

Your horses were running side by side, out of the corner of your eye you could see Erwin smirking. His horse suddenly sped up and pulled ahead of yours.

"Hey no fair!"

"Slow poke."

"I wasn't even racing you!" Erwin laughed.

~

"I want to see where that sun sets Y/n. I want to get to the horizon."

"That's a wonderful dream Erwin."

"Not only that, but I want to prove that there are other humans in this world. I also want to free us from the titans."

"You can do whatever you want to do Erwin. I've never seen you lose or fail at anything you've wanted."

"What's your dream Y/n?"

"I want to live in a world without titans. I want freedom."

"Looks like we can work together then."

~

"Look at the stars. They're shining more brightly tonight, don't you think?" You gasped.