💔 🤬 Divorce 2 🤬💔

Written: February 22, 2020

Takes place: Modern AU

Request: @KersyMarie

Note: There's some swearing. Sorry update took long again.

~~~

You sat with your son at a restaurant.

"Mommy. When is daddy coming?"

"Soon baby. Soon." You sighed. With the divorce finalized, Erwin got your son on the weekends.

"Why am I going away from you mommy?"

"It's only for two days. It'll be like a sleepover with daddy."

"But I don't wanna."

"I know baby, but you have to. Do it for me okay?"

"Okay." You heard the restaurant door open and saw Erwin. 'Took him long enough.' Erwin scanned the restaurant and spotted the two of you. He smiled and waved at you. You grimaced, and your son waved back.

"I was running late. Just try to be civilized."

"Me? Civilized? I will not be civilized. You promised you wouldn't-"

"I can quote you on that. The court wouldn't like it now would they?" You shut your mouth.

"Are you threatening to take away my son?"

"Our son." You rolled your eyes, then smiled at S/n.

"Do you know what you're getting baby?"

"Mmhm. After dinner, can I have dessert?"

"S/n, you already had ice cream a little bit ago-"

"Of course you can son." S/n smiled at Erwin.

"Thanks daddy!" You glared at Erwin. He was trying to get S/n on his side. 'So that's how it's gonna be?' The three of you spent the rest of the evening trying to be civilized to each other. You couldn't even look at Erwin in the eyes. When you all finished dinner, the part you were dreading came.

"Goodbye baby."

"No mommy." Your son clung to your pant leg.

"Baby, we talked about this remember? You're just having a sleepover with daddy."

"I don't wanna go."

"It's okay son. I have more ice cream at home, and we're bringing all of your toys."

"I don't wanna go!" Your son started crying. Erwin looked away regretful of the whole ordeal.

"It's just for a little S/n." Tears started collecting in your eyes. The court was making you do this, but you could clearly see the toll it was taking on your son.

"Hey, Erwin. Is it okay if I come with you guys? Maybe he'll be more comfortable if I come. Just for this one time." Erwin nodded.

"It's fine." You picked up your son and his sobs lessened. All three of you got in seperate cars, and drove to Erwin's place. By the time you got there, your son was fast asleep. You put him in his new bedroom and walked out into the living room. It was clean, modern, and mostly empty. You walked over to the bookshelf and looked at the pictures he had put up. Erwin walked in and looked at you curiously.

"You cut me out of this picture." It started out as a statement, but it turned into an argument.

"We're no longer a family Y/n."

"We are always a family Erwin. We aren't married, but we are still a family!"

"We still would be if you didn't whine and nag me constantly!"

"I'm the one who nags?! You wanted me to have a job, do all of the chores at home, take care of him, and-"

"Everyone else does it and they don't complain."

"Don't talk to me about complaining! Y/n, my coffee's too cold. Y/n, my coffee's too hot."

"Don't mock me bitch."

"Bitch? Really? That's all you can say?"

"I fucking hate you!" Erwin's face was contorted with rage.

"So do I! At least I have the decency to keep it in when S/n's around!"

"Shut up! I wished you'd shut up! Maybe that would have saved our marriage." All of the hurt and hate that had built up finally boiled over and you exploded.

"I wake up every day hoping you died! I hope that you got some horrible disease that has no cure and I hope that you were in a car crash! If I knew, S/n would be okay without you, I'd pray that you were dead and never came back."

The both of you were quiet and stared each other down. Little did you know, your wish would come true very soon, and you would regret the words you said that day.