💔 Divorce 💔

Written: January 28, 2020

Takes place: Modern AU

Request: Not a request

~~~

"Ms. L/n." Hearing your name woke you up again.

"Huh? Sorry." Your face features were soft and relaxed, but something in your eyes would let anyone who knew you, know something was wrong. You looked up briefly at your husband. Well, about to be ex-husband. His icy blue eyes showed no emotion. They were never like that when the two of you were dating or when you were married. It had all started within the last few years, but you still couldn't understand why.

"Ms. L/n." You cleared your throat.

"Uh. Right." You took your lawyers fancy pen in your hand and went to sign your signature, but something stopped you. The pen went closer, but then your hand would retract and it would start away from the paper.

"Ms. L/n. It's okay." Your lawyer reassured you. You nodded, and you finally signed the papers with shaking hands. You let out a deep sigh and looked up at your now, ex-husband. Still, no emotion. You, Erwin, and both your lawyers stood up and they shook hands. You just looked Erwin in the eye, and he looked right back. Outside, the both of you stood in silence, until Erwin stuck out his hand.

"A handshake? Really? After all these years and it's just a handshake?" Erwin retracted his hand.

"Fine. I guess I'll see you around then Y/n." He got in his car and drove away from you. You got into your car and drove back home with tears in your eyes. When you finally got home, you sat in the car crying your eyes and heart out. 'How could he just not love me anymore? How could he just stop? What did I do? What did I do?' It hurt you when you had the brief thought that maybe he left because of you. Maybe you had done something. Maybe you weren't attractive enough or loving to him. No. You walked into your house with tears still streaming out of your eyes and with hiccups and sobs still coming from your mouth. You heard little footsteps.

"Mommy? Why are you crying? Where's daddy?" The force of your sobs increased. Your little, beautiful, sweet, and innocent son was about to be broken by the news.

"I'm so sorry baby. I love you."

"I love you too mommy. What's wrong."

"Daddy and I... we're not going to be married anymore."

"What does that mean?"

"Daddy isn't going to l-live with us. You're going to live with mommy during the week, and daddy on the weekends."

"But I don't want to leave you. I don't have to leave you do I?!"

"Only for two days a week."

"NO! I don't want to!"

"Shhh. It's okay. You won't have to leave if you don't want to." You lied. Your little boy's cries subsided as he clung to you. Your eyes were wet with tears. 'Why Erwin?'