☁️ 💔 Last Time 2 💔 ☁️

Written: October 25, 2019

Takes place: 4 years before the breach of Shiganshina and Wall Maria.

Request: Not a request

~~~

They were both on different sides of the arrangement made by the commander. Before the mission started, they said a brief goodbye not wanting to get emotions in the way.

"Good luck."

"Don't die idiot." You said. He smiled sadly.

"You too." You hugged him tightly, then walked away. It could be the last time.

The mission had been going on for a while, everyone was riding towards the forest where they were going to build their base. It had been at least 3 hours, and there were no casualties. You were in charge of the whole right side of soldiers. That included relaying messages from that side, and looking out for titans. It had been peaceful. Too peaceful for your liking. You heard someone fire a gun. You looked up and saw red smoke. Then suddenly in that direction there was black smoke. You took out your pistol and fired a black smoke signal. Soldiers to your left fired the signals as well. You squinted the way of the signal. You couldn't see anything. But what's new? Then you saw it. It was disgusting, the aberrant ran on four legs and had crazy hair. You saw one of your cadets in his mouth. It angered you. For a second, you disregarded any logical thinking, and shot your gear in his direction. The hooks lodged into its neck, and you were shot forward with the gas. You shouted directions to the soldiers to keep going and to let you handle it. The new recruit in his mouth was screaming for help. You zipped around it's head and spun tightly with your blades out. You cut it's nape out of it's stupid neck. It fell and started evaporating. You ran to its mouth where the soldier was moaning.

"Gabriel?" He had been bitten and his stomach was bleeding out, however, he had no other injuries. You carried him out. Your 2nd in command came over to you with your horse. You quickly wrapped Gabriel in bandages and put him on your horse.

"Section commander-"

"I'm not leaving you here." He nodded.

"Thank you."

"Y/n. We need to go as fast as we can."

"I know." You raced to get back in position. You brought the injured soldier to the vanguard to be carried in a wagon. Then the two of you went back to your stations.

Things were smooth again, and you had made it into the forest giving the Survey Corps the advantage. You looked around searching for Erwin. You turned around suddenly and bumped into someone.

"Looking for me?" You looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Thank goodness." You hugged him. When you pulled back, his eyes widened.

"Are you bleeding?"

"Huh? No." You looked down at your clothes.

"Oh. I saved one of my soldiers back there. It's not my blood." He nodded relieved.

"You know you can't save everyone."
"If I didn't at least try, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"Y/n-"

"Erwin. This is me. I'll never stop trying to save everyone." He sighed and played with a strand of your hair.

"I know. I just get worried."

"I do too." Hanji snuck up behind you two, and she pushed Erwin into you. He fell on top of you. You both blushed at first, but then you glared at Hanji.

"OI! I'll get you for that!" She laughed and ran away with poor Moblit behind her. Erwin got off of you and helped you.

"Sorry." He rubbed the back of his head.

"Hehe. It's okay." You saw Hanji and Moblit were watching you from behind a tree, so you decided to give them a show. You pulled Erwin into you by his cloak fastening. You kissed him like no one was watching, but it in fact was quite the opposite. He knew what you were doing, so he put his hands on the sides of your head and deepened the kiss.

"Smith! L/n!"

"Sir!" You both said breathlessly turning around.

"Get back to work."

"Yes Commander Keith." He walked away shaking his head. When he left you giggled.

"Let's get to work Smith."

"Yes ma'am." He picked up a wooden beam from a cart and placed it by the tree they were building in. Suddenly, you heard an acoustic shot.

Lol. Part 3 coming soon. Left you on a cliff hanger.