Chapter 11

Yellowfur and Awesomestar were hunting together the next morning. Yellowfur spotted a squirrel and killed it. Awesomestar smiled and added it to their large pile of prey.

They had caught five mice, three squirrels, two thrushes, two voles, a shrew, a finch, and a blackbird, because cats can totally catch that much prey in one patrol.

"So...how are we gonna carry all of this back to camp?" Yellowfur asked.

Awesomestar shrugged. "I dunno but we will!"

Somehow they magically carried all the prey back to camp and put it on the fresh-kill pile. Bubblefur went and hurried by with mouse bile, running into the elder's den. He had been put on apprentice duties for no reason. Yellowfur smirked and he glared at her.

Yellowfur organized the patrols without messing up at all and with total confidence in herself. Then, she remembered that she was supposed to meet Scaredfur at the border!

She glanced at the sky. It was almost moonhigh! She rushed out of camp, and nobody seemed to care where she was going.

Scaredfur was waiting for her. His sleek fur was ruffled from the wind, and Yellowfur gaped at him, thinking about how gorgeous he looked.

He saw her and beamed. "Yellowfur! You came! I am now going to confess my undying love for you!"

Yellowfur ran to him and purred, breathing in his warm scent. "It's good to see you, Scaredfur."

Suddenly, the bushes behind them rustled. Bubblefur emerged, looking shocked. "Yellowfur? What are you doing?"

"Uh, I gotta go now. We probably shouldn't ever meet again," Scaredfur whimpered sadly, heartbroken at his decision but realizing just then that he needed to be loyal to his Clan, and he ran off.

Bubblefur and Yellowfur walked together in silence back to camp. "Yellowfur, what were you doing?" Bubblefur asked finally. "You can't love him."

Yellowfur glanced at him in surprise. He didn't seem hostile at all. He almost seemed concerned and caring.

"Why not?" Yellowfur whispered.

"Because..." Bubblefur took a deep breath. "The truth is, I have always loved you, Yellowfur. I just acted like a jerk towards you to hide my true feelings. I hope you can find in your heart to forgive me. I...I love you, Yellowfur. I always will."

Yellowfur instantly forgave him, and realized that deep down, she loved him too. She had only just realized her feelings right then, and she purred happily. "Bubblefur, I love you too."

A/N: Crazystar again! :D Lol do you know how many fanfics that have hunting patrols catch a gazillion pieces of prey? It's ridiculous.