Chapter 1

Y/N = Your name

N/N = Nickname

I was identified. 

The princess had been doing her usual rounds in Canterlot when she stopped by me as I was walking home from my weekly shop at the market. Being polite, I bowed my head to her before continuing on my route home, but she cleared her throat. I turned towards her, just as a careless stallion bumped into me.

"Sorry..." He mumbled, rushing off. It was weird, the feeling that went through me after we connected.

"What is your name, young mare?" Celestia said, snapping me back to reality.

"Oh- it's uh Y/N, your majesty."

She nodded to me. "May you follow me N/N? There is something I must speak with you about."

"Ok..." I trotted after her as she headed back towards the palace. It was the first time I had even been near it. Entering the throne room, she beckoned for me to stand with her by the stained-glass windows.

"Do you know why I have asked you here?"

I shook my head.

"I am sorry to pry, but do you currently have a special somepony?"

"No, why?" I frowned slightly.

"Have you heard of soulmates Y/N?"

"Of course, but that's an old mare's tale."

"It is not, and I was granted the ability to see the special ponies that possessed the magic bond of a soulmate. You are one of them."

"What..?"

"I understand it sounds crazy, but please bear with me. You are able to forge a connection with another pony who shares the same soulmate power inside of them. I know it is forward, but I happen to have a pony like you currently residing in this castle. Would you care to meet him?"

"Uh- ok..."

She led me up the stairs towards a large set of double doors. Opening them, I saw a cream stallion standing by the bookshelf, looking over the titles. He was quite toned as I looked him over, and his mane was a very nice shade of brown, complementing his cream fur. At first glance, I would say he looked very attractive. Noticing our presence, he turned and bowed to the princess. 

"Fawn Hoof, this is Y/N. She also possesses soulmate power."

He nodded to me, smiling. I smiled back, hoofing at the floor awkwardly. 

"Now I know this is a lot to ask of you both considering you just met, but would you mind touching hooves? I would like to check something."

We both moved towards each other, and connected hooves. Nothing happened. 

"Anything?"

We both shook our heads. 

"Strange- N/N did you happen to connect with another pony on our trip over to the castle?" 

I thought back. That sketchy pony counts right? Nodding to her, she grumbled under her breath. 

"It seems that you have already bonded to another pony then. One I had not tracked down before."

"So-"

"I will need to find them."

Princess Celestia took me into a separate, study-like room where she asked me what I knew of the pony I had touched. It wasn't much to go on. She told me that I might have better luck tracking them down since I now had a connection to them, but apparently it was too dangerous until she knew who it was. I begrudgingly agreed and she asked me to stay the night at the palace.

If only she knew what would become of that decision.