A Job

Mia's POV

I woke up at 3am covered in sweat and my head hurt. It was another nightmare. Ever since the accident, I had them almost every night and it never failed to scare me. I decided to get ready for the day. After putting on some light makeup, I walked out to where my outfit was laid on the bed. I went for a light pink blouse with a black skirt.

After a cup of coffee I was at my first interview. The receptionist greeted me with a warm smile and I was soon called into the room. The boss was probably around 40 with brown eyes and dirty blonde hair. He had a light stubble and he looked at me with no emotion on his face.
' So Miss Holmes, may I ask you which post you're applying for?' he asked after some time.
'I'm applying for the personal assistant post, Sir,' I replied with a small smile.
'Oh I'm sorry Miss but you are a bit late. We just found someone. It was nice meeting you though.'
'I understand. Thank you Sir.' I walked out of his office feeling like shit.
Where was I gonna find another job?

I came across a job opening and now i was waiting for my interview. I had decided that if I didn't get it, I probably would have to work as a waiter or something until I find a decent job.
I walked into a large office and looked up at a man who looked like he was in his mid thirties. He didn't look so friendly but he seemed professional and better than my old bosses.
'Have a seat, Miss Holmes,' he said.
' So how long have you worked as a personal assistant?'
'About 2 and a half years, Sir'. I was becoming nervous and he probably could have noticed it.
'You see, Miss Holmes. I am a very busy man and my business is not very small.'
Oh yeah, so he's arrogant. Cool.
' So I need someone with at least 4 years of experience. I'm sorry Miss Holmes.'
'I understand, Sir,' I said but I was punching him in my head. He didn't even look over my resume.
What's with all the experience? I'm good at what I do, and my work speaks for itself.
So part time job it is. Sighing, I leave his room and sit on one of the couches trying to think of what to do.
The elevators opened and a young man walked in smiling at the receptionist. I watched her giggle. He must have something funny. ' At least y'all have jobs,' I mutter under my breath. I overhear the man saying something about his boss asking him to hire a babysitter. A babysitter....would that be better than working at some random restaurant? I mean, I love kids and I used to help look after Emma's niece when she came to visit. Before I knew it, I was
walking towards them.

' Hey, umm I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard something about a babysitter?'
' Oh yeah, my boss is looking for a babysitter. Why? Are you interested?' the man said slightly smiling.
'Yeah I think I want to apply for it.'
His eyes sparkled once he heard those words and quickly said, 'I'll let the boss know. Please wait here. I have to make a phone call. He soon went to a corner murmuring into his phone before coming back to me. Boss says he would like to meet you tomorrow if that's okay?
I nodded and gave him his number.

I was in my bed wondering if it was the right thing to do. Maybe it won't be so bad after all.

Here you go loves. How is the story so far? Till next time!!