The Date

Romeo's POV

It's been more than 2 weeks since I was injured and I'm now fully recovered. Mia has been so helpful. She took good care of me and I swear she spent more time in my room than hers, not that I'm complaining. I love having her close to me.
'There was a break in at one of our warehouses. It's probably Antonov,' Diego says. We were having a meeting in my office and it seems like the Russians are causing trouble.
'We have their men. They're in the cells,' Matteo said.
'Okay. You know what to do. Question them then send Nikolai a message.'
My men are the best when it comes to torture and questioning, but we do it reasonably. We don't use violence unless necessary.

I miss Mia and my little boy so that's where I'm going. Leo was in Mia's arms when I went in his nursery. My boy loves to play with her hair and I don't blame him. Mia has the most beautiful hair and it's super soft. Seeing them like this makes my heart swell. I could get used to this scene. I know they have that mother-son connection, probably because she has been like a mother to Leo. I know they love each other a lot and so do I. I'm falling in love with this woman and I will soon make her mine.

'Hey guys,' I said as Mia cooed at the beaming boy.

'Oh hey. I didn't notice you come in. You're home early.'

'Yeah. Can I take you out for dinner tonight?'

'Sure.'

'Ok. We're leaving at 7.30. Wear something nice.'

With that, I left her to go get ready. I already asked Maria to look after Leo so that's not a problem.

Mia's POV

It's currently 6:30 so I have like an hour to get ready. I took a shower, shaved and did the necessities. I went with a soft glam makeup look with a little eyeshadow and blush. I curled my hair in long loose curls and called Bria over to help me pick an outfit.
After rummaging through my closet for several minutes, we decided on a black dress with spaghetti straps and side slit showing off my legs. I put it on and chose some black heels to go with it. I turned and checked myself out in the mirror. The dress hugged my curves nicely and I felt confident.

 The dress hugged my curves nicely and I felt confident

Mia's dress above^

At exactly 7:30, Romeo knocked on my door and walked into the room. He stopped in his tracks before coming to me.

'You look beautiful, tesoro,' he said before giving me a sweet kiss on my cheek.

I could feel my cheeks heat up instantly as he took my hand leading me downstairs.
He opened the door to his Audi R8 and I was in awe.

'Wow...'

The interior was so luxurious. Romeo chuckled at my reaction and started the engine.

'Where are we going?' I ask.

'It's a secret,' he said taking my hand and resting it on his lap. I felt the butterflies again.

We arrived at a very nice Italian restaurant with glass chandeliers glistening in the dim golden lights.

'Romeo! How nice to see you!' a middle aged woman with dark brown hair rushed to us and hugged Romeo.

'Hello Alina, how have you been?'

'Good good. Who's this gorgeous lady?'

'Oh, this is Mia, Leo's babysitter.'

'Hello dear, I'm Alina. I'm very close to Romeo's mother since he was a little boy. Come on in. We've prepared a nice little table just for you.'

'Thank you.'

Once we were settled a waited brought some wine and soon our food was served.

'Everyone here seems to know you. Is this yours?' I ask Romeo.

'Yeah, you like it?'

'It's amazing. The food is delicious too. I've always dreamed of having a restaurant like this one day.'

We had some wine and talked a little about ourselves. Romeo told me about being the capo or don or whatever they call it and I was slightly shocked. I still can't believe I'm in love with a mafia leader, not just any mafia leader but the mafia king.

'So Romeo...what are we..I mean..what are we now.. if this is a date? Is it?'

Romeo took my hand and brought it to his lips making me blush again.

'Anything you want us to be mia cara.'

I just stared at him not knowing what to say.

'I brought you here today to thank you for looking after me while I was hurt but the main reason is this.' He looked deep into my eyes before saying, 'Mia Holmes, Will you be my woman and stay by my side?'

I melted at his words and said,

'Yes.'

He beamed and got up to kiss my forehead.

'You're amazing, you know that?' Romeo said to me.

We enjoyed the rest of our dinner having more wine and laughing, just enjoying the night.

'Thank you for tonight. I enjoyed it,' I tell Romeo as we walk to our room.

I was about to go in when he grasped my hand, pulling me closer to his chest.

'Stay with me tonight?'

Yay!! They went on a date and it's official!! Also tell me how you like the book so far. It's a bit messed up but I'm trying my best to make it interesting for you guys. Till next time, loves!!