Ten

Luke's POV:

It had been 3 weeks since Luke's return. He was still not himself for the first week or so but he's now starting to smile again. That beautiful smile of his. The flirty side of him was coming back as well. Today was Thursday which means biology class with Luke.

All of a sudden he kicked me from under the table. He forced back his smile, trying to keep a straight face and I just giggled.

He kicked me again, again and again until I finally decided to kick him back. We were now having foot wars under the table like little kids.

"Luke Hemmings and Lauren Parker will you ever grow up? You're 16 now!" Mr Rogers shouted at us. I swear he has eagle eyes because he sees everything. The whole class giggled as me and Luke tried to act serious.

My next class was geography and I literally don't know anyone there. Suddenly, a tall, ginger boy walked into class late.

"Sorry I'm late miss, I'm new here. My name's Ed Sheeran"

"Oh thats fine Ed. just take a seat where you want." said Mrs Harrold

He sat right next to me. I could feel his stares. It made me uncomfortable, unlike with Luke. When Luke stared at me, I felt special. This was just creepy.

He kicked me under the table just as Luke did. I just rolled my eyes.

...

Me and Luke sat with each other at lunch alone. Ed was sitting a few tables away from us and his stares continued.

"That new kid keeps staring at us" Luke whispered.

I sighed "I know, he's in my geography class. I think he was trying to flirt with me. It was weird."

Luke seemed to tense up.

Luke's POV

I didn't want any body to take her away. I wanted her to be mine. I had to ask her to be my girlfriend before someone else does.

"Want to meet at our tree after school?" I asked

"Yeah. That would be nice. We haven't been there in while" she replied.

This was it. I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend. What if she says no?

...

I went home to get changed and I went to the shop to get flowers and chocolate. I arrived at the tree a bit earlier than we had planned to carve mine and Trouble's initials in a heart on the tree. I put fairy lights around the branches as it was starting to get a bit dark. I laid the flowers and the chocolates at the bottom of the tree and hid. Now I just had to wait for her to arrive.

...

She gasped at the sight. I emerged from the bushes and and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She seemed so amazed.

"Luke... this is... wow... you didn't have to"

"But I wanted to" I said with a wink and climbed up the tree with my soon to be girlfriend close behind. (Hopefully)

"I need to ask you something" I said in a more serious tone. She slowly nodded.

"We've known each other a while now and I can't get you out of my mind. You're beautiful in every way. I love the way you giggle at my jokes, the way you bite your lip, the way your hair is always flowing perfectly. Everything about you is perfect. So I was wondering trouble... would you want to be my... girlfriend?"

After a period of silence, she nodded. She returned a smile and went in for a kiss. The kiss seemed more passionate than before. It was different. In a good way. As cliché as it sounds, I felt tingles through my body. I deepened the kiss to a full on make out session. As our lips disconnected she whispered "I love you".