Thirty Six

Lauren's POV

"You may see Ashton now" a nurse said. We all immediately stood from our seats. Anne Marie (Ashton's mom), Luke, Calum, Michael, Olivia, Arwen, Grace and I walked towards the room where Ashton was lying. We weren't all getting on very well at the moment but we all wanted to see Ashton. Michael tried his hardest to not be in sight of Olivia. As you can imagine Olivia's extremely upset about this. Olivia and Michael have been best friends forever. It's hard to watch them ignore each other.

It's been over a week since Ashton fell into the coma. The doctors have prevented us from seeing him for a while for some reason. All they said was that he hasn't moved a muscle the entire time apart from a slight clench of his fist. I'm scared for him. He might not wake up for a while. I can't even imagine what Arwen must be going through. If Luke ever fell into a coma for so long it would be agonising. Today was the first time any of us were going to see him since the day it all happened.

The door to the room opened, letting us all pile in. Ashton laid there on the hospital bed completely still like a statue. It looked like all the life had been drained out of him. His skin had turned from a nice tanned colour to pale white. His fingers were bony and his cheek bones stood out more. His hair seemed like it had lost it's beautiful browny blonde colour. It was now very dull. His lips were stone dry and chipped. His eyes unfortunately remained closed.

Anne-Marie, Arwen and Michael were the fist ones in the room. Arwen grabbed. His hand and kissed it, sobbing. Anne-Marie did the same on his other hand. Michael rested his head on the edge of the bed. The rest of us filled in the gaps around his bed.

"What have I done?" Michael sobbed. I rested my hand in his shoulder.

"Michael it's fine. You didn't mean to-" I started but Michael got up and left without another word. He took one last glance at Ashton and he was soon out of sight.

Ashton's POV!! <<

READ THIS!
(Btw this is what is happening in Ashton's head whilst he's in the coma!
And also this isn't real. He's making it up in his head. This never happened!)

"NO I'M NOT!" I screamed at him.

"Wow calm down you loser" he teased following me around the playground with his army of friends. "You're such a loser! Ashton's a loser everyone! Look at those shoes! Who wears that kind of thing?!" I heard multiple snickers and giggles from his friends.

"Go away!" I yelled. These boys had been teasing me since forever. I'm now 8 and a half years old and they're still picking on me. My only friend here is Luke Hemmings. He's normally here to stick up for me but he's ill today so he didn't come into school.

"Oooh! Look at little Ashton. Get a life loser!" the boy yelled.

"Leave me alone! What did I ever do to you? How about you get a life!" I screamed. I was now face to face with the boy. He towered over me. All his friends made 'oooh' noises. I was so scared. I tried not to show my fear. How was I even sticking up for myself? I never stick ip for myself. Luke is always here to do that. The boy smirked as he demonically looked down into my eyes.

I watched as his fists tensed up. "Do it, do it, do it!" He friends chanted.

I watched in horror as the fist came pelting towards my face. I ducked down, letting his fist punch the thin air. A look of fury and embarrassment covered his face. I felt so happy. The boy attempted for another punch but was interrupted.

"Michael Clifford come here!" Miss Arnold yelled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You're dead after school you little prick" he whispered before walking towards the teacher who had just saved me.

I felt like I ruled over him. I had finally stuck up for myself and showed him that I'm not just a little kid."We'll see about that" I snickered under my breath

Lauren's POV

"No I'm not" Ashton whispered, barely audible. All our heads shot up at the sound.

"Did he just..." Luke gasped, his jaw wide open.

"Ashton! Ashton!!" Arwen screamed, shaking his body rapidly. "Ashton wake up baby!"

The room fell silent waiting to hear anything from Ashton.

"Leave me alone" he whispered, turning over in his sleep. Arwen instantly let go of him. The room filled with chuckles.

"Did he just tell me to leave him alone?" Arwen giggled.

"how about you get a life" Ashton whispered once again.

"Can we get a doctor in here!" Calum yelled.

Instantly, two doctors entered the room. "What's happening?" One of them asked.

"He was talking and moving" Olivia said, her face lighting up with excitement.

"We'll see about that" Ashton chuckled. It was like he was awake and talking to us.

------------------------------------------------------

I have a lot of exams at school this week so I will update every day but they will all be short like this xx thank you so much for reading. This book has been gettin lots of reads at the moment. Keep em coming!! Make sure you vote for this chapter and follow meeeeeeeee! Xxxxxx