61 - Epilogue

{LAST CHAPTER}

Once again I hope you enjoy this chapter. Writing this book was so fun and I recommend that everyone writes one. Even if you don't get many reads or votes, I still recommend you keep writing. I haven't got many reads and votes but I keep going because I find it fun.
Thank you for reading my book and supporting it. Thanks for all the nice comments and votes. We're now at 50.4k!!!! That's more than I ever expected and I'm guessing there is more to come after that as well!! If this book gets to 100k idek what I'll do hahahaha.

Please tell me your opinions on my story in the comments. Ideas for another book would also be appreciated.

This will be the final update. Enjoy :)

•••

Luke's POV
I sat in the cold room next to my cadaverous wife, the constant beep of the monitor reassuring me. Lauren laid on the hospital bed, sleeping. She's been in and out of hospital all year. She gets problems with her breathing. Seeing the mask over her mouth turn from blurry to clear over and over again gave me hope.

"Hi dad" Jake said, entering the room with his wife, Bella, and two children, Oscar and Leah. Oscar and Leah came and sat down next to me as Jake and Bella stood at the foot of the bed.

"Alright son? Alright Bell?" I asked with my old, croaky voice.

They both nodded "how's Lauren?" Bella asked painfully.

"Oh she-she's doing well" I said with little hope in my voice.

"Is Grandma going to be alright?" Asked Oscar.

"Yes, Grandma will be fine" I said, trying to keep everyone's hopes up. I turned to my eldest grandchild. "how old are you now then Leah?" I asked.

"16" she said, almost as a whisper.

"Ahh, I remember when I was 16. I met your Grandmother when I was sixteen" I smiled at the many memories I had spent with her. I could never forget them. "We were always up to no good. I remember once we ditched all of our lessons on the last day of school to just hang out with each other and our other friends. Those were the days"

"Did you not get told off?" Oscar asked with wide, surprised eyes.

"No because we were never caught. Everyone has a bit of a naughty side to them. Sometimes we can't help but let the troublesome side of ourselves out. I remember your Grandma once said to me that 'Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught'. At first I didn't understand. But I soon realised the true meaning" I lent over to my grandchildren as if I was telling them both a very important secret. They also eagerly lent in. "The secret to being up to no good is to not get caught"

"Don't tempt them Dad" Jake chuckled. "Ellena will be here soon. Ah! Talking of the devil. Hi sis!" Jake said, hugging his sister as she entered. Following her was her husband, Robert and her son, Jayden.

"Hi dad, how's Mom?" Ellena asked peering over my shoulder to see Lauren.

"She's okay" I said.

Jayden waddled over to me "hellow grandad!" He said.

I picked my youngest grandchild up on to my knee. "Your getting big little man!" I exclaimed.

"I'm 5 in 6 days!" He cheered.

"I know you are! You're so grown up!" I shout-whispered.

"Hello everyone" Lauren said weakly, looking around the room.

"Grandma!" All three of the children cheered in unison, hugging her tightly.

"How are you feeling Lauren?" Bella shouted as if she was death.