Forty One

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I drew Lauren and Luke. Should I do more drawings?? Sorry if this chapter is a bit boring. A lot of drama is happening in the next chapter though!!!!

------------------------------------------------------

Lauren's POV

"Hello?" I asked croakily down the phone.

"Miss Parker?" The woman said on the other line.

I jumped up when I realised it was my possible future boss. I was going to find out if I got the waitress job at Nando's.

"Yes, Hello" I said more clearly this time.

"I'm Mrs Gregory. I've called about the job interview you took at our Nando's restaurant. I'm sorry Miss Parker but we think that this job isn't right for you"

"O-okay" I said disappointedly.

"Have a good day" she said, before hanging up.

I sighed and buried my face in my pillow

"What happened?" Luke asked from beside me.

"Didn't get the job" I said unclearly through the pillow.

Luke sighed "well there are plenty of other jobs you could do"

"Okay" I said, raising my head from the pillow and hugging his side.

"Not to make you feel worse or anything but I start my first day working at Target tomorrow" He chuckled, swinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Have fun" I sang "Breakfast?"

"What have we got?" He asked now sitting up

"Poptarts?" I said, standing up from the bed and slipping on a dressing gown.

"Sounds good!" He called as I walked out the door.

"You're still going to visit Ashton on his 18th tomorrow though aren't you?" I asked as we devoured our poptarts.

"Of course, we can visit today as well if you want?"

"Yeah, I hope he'll be able to remember his 18th"

"Me too"

...

I sat opposite Luke on the living room floor.

"First step insert object A into object C" I said, reading the complicated instructions of the wardrobe we were building together.

"What's object A?" Luke asked, rummaging through the pile of wood.

"That one I think?..." I said.

"I don't get it"

"Why don't you read the instructions and I'll put it together then"

"No, I want to do the manly part" he chuckled.

"Fine, lets find object A" I said, edging closer towards him.

"This?" He asked, holding up a flimsy piece of wood.

"Looks like it"

Luke hammered in the nails as I impatiently watched. "Can I have a go?" I moaned.

"Sure" he passed me the hammer and he steadied my hand before I smashed it into the wood. "You're good at that"

"Then maybe I should do the manly bit" I snickered

"No way" he said, brushing the hair off my shoulder and kissing my neck. His hands trailed over my chest and thighs.

"Luke we have a wardrobe to build" I said, distracting him from his sucking.

"Oh yeah"

Two hours later

"DONE!" Luke yelled as we finished the wardrobe and placed it next to the other one.

"We did it!" I giggled.

"Finally" he happily sighed, relaxing with me on the bed.

"When shall we visit Ashton then?" I asked.

"We can go now if you want" he said, I looked at my new phone and noticed that it was 2pm.

"Yeah, lets go"

...

"Still not moving" Arwen sighed, next to Ashton's bed. Michael held his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder in the corner of the room. Calum did the same with Grace. David (Ashton's dad) has been visiting a lot recently as well. At first, he couldn't get to the hospital because he had to fly from Canada. Ashton's parents got divorced a few years ago. Anne-Marie and David have been getting closer though. They endlessly fought at first but now are starting to handle each other's company.

"18 tomorrow baby" his mum whispered, stoking his hear out of his face.

Ashton's POV

"A race car!" I screamed as I healed up the present I had just received to show it off to every one.

"Wow!" Luke said, widening his eyes at it "I need one!!!"

Daniel, Arwen, Henry, Liam, Luke, Grace, Charlotte and Calum were sitting around in the circle watching me open my presents.

Michael and Olivia were in the corner of the room talking, not paying attention to my birthday party.

My mom made me invite girls to the party. I didn't want to. Girls stink! Arwen sat next to me in the circle. She was the only girl I liked who was there. She was the only nice looking girl I had ever seen.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and my dad came through the door with my chocolate cake with six lit candles on the top.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Ashton. Happy Birthday to you" the whole room sang.

I blew out the six candles and the whole room cheered.

I love birthdays.