Fifty Nine

•••

Hiii guuyyyss. I loved writing this chapter and I'm sad that this book is nearly coming to an end. This chapter took a long time to write so sorry if it's a bit late. The next last chapters are going to be really long so get ready haha. Enjoyyyy :)

•••

Lauren's POV

I checked my phone and saw that it was 7am. Luke and I slept on the couch last night. Luke still laid asleep peacefully on the couch. His face was squished up against the arm rest and it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. I didn't want to wake him so I proceeded to make breakfast and have a shower. I only made myself toast because I wasn't feeling like having something huge to eat. I got dressed in some shorts and a top because it was getting really warm recently. After all the thoughts and worries that had been going through my head, I thought a nice walk would do me good. I could stop by at Liz's and collect my necklace I left at her house last week. It was the necklace from Luke so I really wanted it back. I still didn't want to wake Luke from his peaceful dreams so I left a small note on the kitchen counter.

Good morning Luke,
If you're awake before I get home then I just went for a walk to clear my head a bit. I love you.
Trouble xxxx

I walked down my well known road. I'd lived there since my mom died. So around 7 years. Before that I was a little goody-two-shoes. I lived in Melbourne until I was 12. I did all my homework and was never truant. Ever since my mom died I became Trouble. When she died, my dad and I moved to Sydney. I went to many schools around the area but got expelled from all of them. Then I went to Bloomfield Upper where I met Luke. Maybe it was meant to be. If I wasn't a troublemaker, I would never have met Luke. And if my mom had never died, I'd never be a troublemaker.

When I arrived at Liz's house, I knocked on the door three times. After a moment or two she answered.

"Lauren! Hello my love! Come in! I wasn't expecting any guests so the house is a bit messy" she greeted me excitedly.

"Hi Mom! I was only stopping by to say hi and get my necklace I left here last week" I said, hugging her as I entered. I call Liz my mom. She acts like it. I love the thought of Liz being my mom. I of course miss my old mom but Liz treats me like her own.

"Ah, yes. Let me go and get it." she said, walking off into the living room to get it. As I followed, I noticed some new decorations around the house. There were many framed pictures of Luke and his brother, Jack, when they were kids. There were even a few with their dad. He didn't look too bad. Luke doesn't like him. He must have done something pretty bad. He was invited to our wedding. I really wanted to meet him. I really hoped that he would show up. Luke wasn't confident that he would.

"Here it is" Liz said, handing me the necklace. "It was lovely seeing you Lauren. I guess I'll see you again at the wedding! I can't believe my little Lucas is getting married. And to such a beautiful young lady as well" She squealed. "I'm so excited!"

"Me too! And thanks for the necklace again. I'll see you then!" I said leaving the house. "Bye!"

"Bye sweetie!" She called as I carried on walking in the same direction. I placed the necklace around my neck as I walked onwards.

I froze in place when it came into sight. It was my house.

My house I lived in with my dad. I felt a cold shiver run down my spine at the sight of it. A for sale sign was dug into the ground in front of the door.

I finally decided I would go inside. I slowly creaked open the door and entered. It was empty, yet full of bad memories. The house was dead silent apart from my feet echoing in the emptiness.