Thirty Two

Conner's POV

I quickly finished up my accounts and left the office. I hate my stupid accountant job. Thankfully, I needed to leave earlier today to pick up Josie from the hospital. Today she is taking baby Tay back home with her. Having a baby at our apartment will be weird and probably annoying. I care for Josie and her baby. It's a bit awkward because Tay might consider me as her dad. Josie and I aren't dating yet. I like her. I really like her. I don't know if she likes me back though.

I've recently been trying to hint to her that I have more-than-friends feelings for her. About a week ago,I told Josie that I was single but I have my eye on someone, following with a wink. I think she got the message.

Josie's been given a therapist kind of children helper called Charlotte. She will be helping out with Taylor, considering she's still only 17. Charlotte is also Josie's therapist to talk to about her problems. I want to let her know that I'm right here to talk to. When is she going to realise that I'm her cure?

I wandered through the hallways of the hospital where the nurse had directed me. I had no idea that hospitals could be so big.

When I found the right room, the door was open so I hesitantly walked in. Josie was holding Taylor in a car seat kind of thing whilst a nurse gathered Josie's medication.

"Hey guys" I said, smiling down at Josie and baby Tay.

"Conner!" Josie cheered, embracing me in a hug. We've gotten pretty close recently. I hope we get even closer.

"Here's the medication. You'll only need it if you feel any pain. And remember, it's normal to feel pains." The nurse said to Josie, handing me the white plastic bag.

"Thank you" Josie said with a wave as we left the room.

"How's everything been?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her. I wouldn't normally make this move but it seemed to comfort her. Josie glimpsed at my hand that was resting on her shoulder and then returned back to my face.

"Fine" she said, nonchalantly "look what she's wearing"

I looked down at Taylor and saw her wearing the pink dinosaur onesie that I picked out for her. "Aww I new it would look so cute!" I cooed. Josie laughed in response but then turned her gaze back to the floor as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. She's scared to make eye contact with me, however thats all I want. I keep imagining one if those special moment that you see in the movies. The boy looks into the girl's eyes and the girl stares right back. They then realise that they love each other and make out in the rain. I can only imagine.

I'm desperate for Josie's attention. She's so beautiful. I want her to be mine. I want to be proud to call her my girlfriend. She just needs to feel the same.

...

Ashton's POV

Arwen was at the dentist. She should be home soon. I feel pretty lonely. She never seems to be around any more. I was always at her house or she was always at mine. Maybe she doesn't like me anymore and wants her own space.

There was a knock at the door. I quickly answered it hoping to see Arwen's face. I wanted to just kiss her right then and there, even if her face is swollen like a chipmunk. I opened the door and it wasn't Arwen. It was Olivia.

"Oh hi Ashton. I just came to see if Arwen was here because she wasn't at her house."

"She's at the dentist. Why did you need her?"

"I just wanted to talk to someone really."

"I'm here to talk to if you need it"

"Okay. Thanks"

"Come in" I said, gesturing her into my house. We comforted ourselves on some bean bags in my room.

"Basically, I just wanted some advice. Michael's been acting weird lately. I feel like he's abandoned me. I barely ever see him anymore. I don't really know what to do. I don't think he likes me anymore" she sighed.

"I know how you feel. I barely see Arwen anymore either."

Liv glanced up at me for a second with tears in her eyes then turned her gaze back down to her lap. I care for Liv. She's one of my best friends. I don't want to see her sad. I gently placed my hand on her chin and lifted up her head to face me again. I whipped the tears away with my other hand and we both stared deeply into each other's eyes. My head slowly seemed to move inwards, as did hers. I didn't know what I was doing. What's happening? I love Arwen. Not Olivia. Our faces were millimetres apart and our lips slowly connected. Olivia and I are friends an no more than that. Why were we doing this? We shouldn't be. We have other boyfriends and girlfriends. It felt so wrong yet so, so right.

I heard a loud, sharp gasp from my bedroom door and quickly untangled myself from Olivia's grip.

Arwen stood, covering her mouth at my doorway with tears already streaming down her face.

Oh shit.

She quickly turned from my doorway and ran down my stairs towards the front door.

"Arwen! Wait! I can explain! I didn't mean to-" I shouted, chasing after her.

"No Ashton! You've really done it now! I can't believe you! It's one thing to cheat on me but it's another thing to cheat on me with my best friend!" She screamed, slamming my front door as hard as she possibly could, running away from my home.

Oh shit. I can't believe what I just did. How could I do that? I love Arwen so much. I've just ruined it. I'm such a dick for kissing Liv.

"Sorry, err... I'll just go" Olivia sighed, leaving my house.

"What was that all about?" My mom asked with raised eyebrows. I don't want to have to deal with a lecture right now. I know I'm a dick. I know I'm a failure. I know that I've ruined everything. I know I've probably lost the love of my life. I don't need my mom to tell me.

"Nothing" I said nonchalantly, walking back up to my room to grieve.

My mom stood at the foot of the stairs with her hands in her hips with a disappointed look on her face.

I just know that Michael's going to find out and probably break up with Olivia and beet the shit out of me. Arwen won't be easy to get back. She probably won't want to see me again. I can't believe how much of an idiot I am. I've lost my true love. I may not get her back.

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading this and almost getting it to 5k!! I deleted my other two books because I cba to write them anymore and I want to put all of my effort into this one. I hope you like this chapter.

Go follow me in instagram: @elliedomino
And on twitter:
@hemmoisataco

TTTTHHHAAAANNNNKKKYYYYOOOOOU