Fifty Eight

Lauren's POV

I didn't know how to feel. I felt scared. I felt guilty. I felt sad. Was I supposed to be? I hated Ed. Ed hated me. He was my half brother the whole time. Surely we should have tried to be friends with him. I found it hard to think back to everything that happened. He was a dick. He treated us all terribly. He hurt us. He takes after my dad I guess. He didn't deserve to die though. I lost my brother. I feel like I should have been there. But why? He was horrible. Why do I feel guilty? It wasn't my fault. But for some reason, I feel like it was. Maybe when he came back we should have tried to talk with him. Instead, Michael chased him away and back to England. He probably wouldn't be dead if we spoke to him. We were in Paris at the time anyway. But we couldn't make up with him. After everything he did, it was impossible to forgive him. Maybe he did change though. Maybe it was my fault.

...

Luke's POV

Ed was Lauren's half brother the whole time. I can't imagine what she must be feeling. I feel a bit lost. Am I supposed to be sad? I do. I hated Ed. I wanted to beat the shit out of him as soon as I met him. He must have been in a pretty bad state if he committed suicide. Was it our fault? Whilst we were in Paris, I wonder if Michael or anyone else did anything. All Michael told me was that he scared him off. Ed didn't deserve to die. Ed and Lauren's dad are pretty similar in ways. They get angry and express their anger on other people. I understand where Ed gets it. Just because Ed had the same problems as his dad, doesn't mean he had to die. Ed did a lot in the past. He hurt people, physically and mentally. I did my job to protect my Trouble. I did my job to protect my best friends. Ed was only our age. He was too young. Despite how much I absolutely despised him, he didn't have to die. But did he deserve it? I think that he deserved a lot of things. But not death.

Lauren's POV

After I had explained to Luke multiple times, we finally sat down in our usual cuddle area. Most days, Luke and I cuddle up on the sofas in the living room as soon as we put Jake down for bed. We often tell each other about our thoughts. Today was different. We were both pretty lost for words. But I knew that a lot was going through both of our minds. Luke rested his head on the arm rest and spread his legs down the length of the sofa. I relaxed myself between Luke's legs as he cuddled my chest and slowly made swirly patterns in my stomach. My head was comfortably positioned on Luke's chest and I shut my eyes. I listened to our hearts beat at the same time. Our breathing slowly matched each other's speed. I loved cuddling with Luke after a long day of never ending thoughts. It was the perfect way to relax.

"Trouble?" Luke whispered in my ear, just as I was about to fall asleep in his arms. "Can we talk a sec?"

"Okay" I said, raising my head to look at him.

"The wedding is soon. I want that day to be the best day of our lives. I want everyone to be smiling and having fun. It may be hard to try to forget about the recent events but to make the day happier, you should try put out all the negative thoughts about Ed from your mind. That day will be special. I know we are both a bit confused and sad about what's happened. I don't want anyone being miserable at the wedding. I understand we are both sad and will find it difficult to move on. I just think it's best if we stay positive for the wedding baby"

"I agree. I want to be happy on my wedding day. Not miserable like I am now. I'll try to start to get a bit happier for the big day. Also, if we're going to tell the others, I think that we should wait for the wedding to pass. I'm so damn excited for this wedding Luke. I love you so much" I whispered, kissing his lips and hugging him tightly again.

"I love you to Trouble. You'll soon be my Mrs Trouble Hemmings" he snickered, tickling my ribs and placing multiple, small, quick pecks on my neck. I giggled and grabbed his hands to stop him from tickling me. His lips on my neck felt so perfect. His lips are so smooth and warm. That's one of the many things I love about Luke. And there are many. We'll be spending the rest of our lives together. It will be amazing. Here's to teenage memories.

Yet another song reference hahahah. I missed them. This was short because I'm really busy at the moment!!

Quite a while ago I asked if you could see any similarities between Ed and Lauren's dad. Turns out they are father and son hahahah. 

Hopefully updates will be quite regular but I won't be able to for a few days sorrryyyy xxxx thank you for reading and almost getting us up to 30k!!! Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee