Twelve

Lauren's POV

"Please clam down Luke it's okay. It happens all the time. He's just drunk." I begged him as he paced around his room.

"It happens all the time?"

I stayed silent and looked at my lap.

"That's how you got that bruise in your eye isn't it?"

I slowly nodded and he pulled me into a calming, sympathetic hug.

"We can't let this keep happening"

Suddenly, Luke's mom walked through the door. "Oh, Luke, you brought someone round?" She asked.

"Yeah. This is Lauren I told you about"

"Oh Lauren! We've heard so much about you! He won't shut up about you-"

"Mom!"

"Sorry. I'll go" his mom giggled as she skipped out if the room. She was still a happy woman even if her son died a few weeks ago.

I blushed at the thought of Luke talking about me to his parents. I hadn't told my dad about Luke. I'm too scared.

"Sorry about her" Luke sighed.

"No it's fine really." I insisted.

He sat down and pulled me on to his lap. "How's your face babe?" He sighed

I nodded as if to tell him it was better. Which it wasn't.

"I don't think I can let you go back home."

"Trust me Luke. He was just drunk it's fine. Really! You don't have to worry." I assured him.

He sighed once again. "Are you sure?"

"100%"

...

Luke intertwined our fingers, as he usually does, as he walked me home.

"Text me when you get in so that I know you're alright" Luke said as he dropped me off at my front door.

"Okay I will" I smiled as I walked inside.

Luke's POV

I was still waiting outside her house for her text. I couldn't take it anymore so I climbed up the tree to Lauren's room.

I peaked inside the window. Empty.

I leaped out of the tree to try the door.
Locked.

I pulled out my phone to call her.
No answer.

I rang the door bell.
No answer.

Shit.