Gone?

⚠️TW⚠️ Blood and gore towards the end of the chapter!

(Y/N) POV

Flashback

"Hey Tanjiro! Nezuko! Look at the stars, wow so pretty!" I said while laying on the grass gazing at the night sky.

"I wish I could be pretty like a star!" Nezuko says

"Me too! I want to shine so bright people will want to be me!" I exclaimed

"Guys come on! It's time to come inside!" Tanjiro yells

"Okay!" Me and Nezuko say in sync

End of flashback

'Ugh seriously...get out of my head, that was five years ago' I think as final selection comes to an end.

I look around to see an blonde haired boy who looks like he's about to shit his pants if he already hasn't, there's a girl with a rather blank expression, a guy with a Mohawk who looks pissed for no reason, and a boy who had tinted red hair with ruby eyes with the look of determination.

'Could it be? Tanjiro? It's been so long...no it can't be. If it is him, he hasn't changed a bit, his eyes are brighter than I have ever seen' I thought to myself as I stand there waiting for further instructions from the twins.

'He probably doesn't recognize me, I grew my hair out and my bangs are now mostly grown out, and my eyes don't have the same light they did before I left.I haven't smiled once since that day.' I thought as my thoughts were interrupted by Mohawk dude trying to hurt the twins and Tanjiro stopping him.

A few minutes late we pick out the ore our swords will be crafted with, I look over to Tanjiro to see him sniffing all the rocks.

'Yup that's him alright, he's always had the most sensitive sense of smell'

I start to look at the ores to se one of them reflecting light perfectly into my direction, I pick that one.

As we get ready to leave we receive our messenger birds to tell us our missions. I look over to see what everyone got, that standard bird was a crow, which everyone got except the boy with the yellow hair.

'A sparrow?'

Everyone gets instructed to go back to their home or their trainer until their official swords were delivered to them.

"..."

My crow says NOTHING

'Seriously?!' I thought as I stood there in embarrassment.

Then the twins start talking

"Hello (L/N) (Y/N), as you see you have not been given instructions yet. As of now you do not have any family or a trainer, you are special. You have developed your own form of fighting and you have experience with all the forms of breathing, you are very skilled and you have an abnormally high level of intelligence. We also know that you and Tanjiro were past acquaintances, with this information we think you and Tanjiro should pair up to bring out the best of both of your abilities." The twins say in sync

"Okay" I say with a blank expression

"You crow will now guide you to the residence in which he is staying at" the twins say as my crow start to fly in the direction I need to go.

I start walking along a path.

'What if he doesn't recognize me, I changed so much. Not only my physical appearance changed, my mental health has changed too. I grew my hair out along with my bangs which still aren't long enough so they hang by the side of my face when I put my hair up. I also had a small growth spurt but so did he. I haven't smiled once since I left, I haven't made any expression since I left, I've just had  a emotionless blank expression. My eyes have never glowed the way they did, not even a spark of light. But his eyes are full of determination and hope' I thought to myself as I trip over a wire.