Journey

(Y/N) POV

As I wake up instead of her sash around my waist it's replaced by her arms.

"Mornin." She said.

"We're you bored?" I asked.

"No, I actually slept lightly last night." She responded.

"It's good you weren't bored at least." I say trying not to be awkward.

"When do you have to leave?" She asked.

"Hmmmm, well today actually. But to be honest I'm kind of dreading going back." I reply.

"Why is that?" She asks.

"It's just...too many things going on and I'm just existing, but not the good kind." I mumble the last part.

"Why isn't it the good kind?" She questioned.

"Well...I just feel like I'm living life with no purpose I guess. I wake up every day with no motivation and my friends are constantly moving forward while I'm left behind, there's just no purpose to stick around." I confess.

"I see." She mumbles.

As we lay there in a comfortable silence I finally decide to get up, as I sit up I realize that the bandages have fallen off.

"Shit." I sigh.

"What?" Daki asks.

"Well...do you have any bandages? Mine fell off, it's almost done healing but it still could get infected." I said feeling proud of obtaining what Shinobu told me.

"Hmmmm, I don't think I do, sorry." She said.

"Understandable, I mean...you do heal really fast to the point where you wouldn't need medical supplies." I respond.

As I toss out the old bandages I feel my shirt lift slightly.

"GahHhHh" I yelp pulling down my shirt.

"Heheh, relax I just wanted to see your injury...unless you want me to go further." She seductively whispered the last part in my ear.

I stand there speechless as my face turns into a crimson red.

"Haha I was just messin with ya, but can I see your injury?" She asks.

"S-sure." I blushed lifting my shirt a little over my belly button.

She crouched down as I feel her fingers gently graze over where my bandages previously were.

"Hnngh! C-careful it's sensitive there..." I embarrassingly yelp.

Daki POV

'If only I got to hear those words in bed...' my thoughts trailed off as I examine her wound.

I stand up now face to face before walking to my dresser and finding one of my older sashes that I no longer use because I can't control them like the one I currently use.

"Let's try this, I don't want you traveling with an exposed wound." I say as I stand behind them.

I reach around her body as I gently wrap the sash around her torso, I look up to see their face is crimson red.

'How cute.'

As I tie it off they lowered her shirt again.

"Thank you..." they shyly said.

"My my, when did you get so shy?" I tease them.

They just gives me a pouty look.

"Oh shit." They mumble.

"What is it?" I wonder.

"I have to leave shortly if I don't want to get a surprise visit from demons who want to kill me." They explain.

'I kind of wish I was a human.' I thought as I help them gather their belongings.

As she stands by the doorway getting ready to leave I pull her into a tight hug, at first they don't react but eventually they wrap their arms around my waist and give a little squeeze.

"Have safe travels." I say as she puts her hand on the knob.

"I will try my best." They responded before walking away.

(Y/N) POV

I couldn't help but feel my heart grow heavier each step I took.

'I hope she finds true happiness one day...ew I sound like Tanjiro.'