Kanao?

(Y/N) POV

As I continue to walk back to the butterfly estate I notice that I am close by the thickened woods.

'Almost there, I wonder how much has changed.' I thought as I step over a branch that I barely saw since it was late at night.

As I go to reach for my water I hear a second set of footsteps behind me.

I look behind me to see a demon.

'Well isn't this just great...' I thought.

As the demon prepares to lunge at me I place my hand on my katana, but I don't unsheathe my blade due to a purple pinkish hue that was so quick that even the demon didn't know that it was decapitated.

I try to focus on the girls face to try and recognize her.

"O-oh...m-my name is...Kanao..." she shyly says.

'How could a badass like her be so damn shy?' I thought before introducing myself.

"Ah! I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." I briefly say.

"Ah, s-so you're the girl that everyone has been talking about..." she trails off.

"I guess so? What have they been saying?" I ask.

"Well...Zenitsu said "I hope (Y/N) doesn't kill me." While Nezuko and Tanjiro are hoping things can return to normal." She explains.

'Normal huh...would that mean Nezuko doesn't want to be with me anymore? And is Nezuko and Zenitsu together now?' I question myself.

"Sounds about right." I say with a fake smile.

We start to make our may to the estate together.

"Not much of a talker I take it?" I ask since she hasn't said a single word since we started walking.

"A-ah...well, I'm not sure wether I want to talk or not...Tanjiro flipped a coin and now I have my own free will to talk when I want to since the coin usually decides if I respond or not." She explains.

'I'm not even going to ask about the coin, but seems like Tanjiro has been making moves since him and Zenitsu broke up.'

"So...Tanjiro..." I nervously bring up.

She looks at me tinted cheeks.

"W-what about him?" She asks like an airhead.

"Are you two together?" I bluntly ask.

"I-I don't know...but I know Nezuko and Zenitsu are dating." She says.

My heart drops a bit, but I can't say I didn't expect it.

"Hmmm, how do you not know?" I ask abouding the topic of Nezuko and Zenitsu.

"Well...I don't know if I l-like him..." she shyly says.

"Is there someone else on your mind?" I ask.

She looks away so now I'm looking at the back of her head.

"N-no." She mumbles.

"Haha okay, no need to take it so seriously." I giggle at her reaction.

"Hmph..." she looks at the ground now.

Kanao POV

'Why would Nezuko leave HER?! Especially for ZENITSU?! She's...perfect...but I don't know what to do now...I wish I could use my coin but then whatever it lands on...I don't know if I'll be happy. What exactly is happening between me and Tanjiro?' I think to myself.

"Sooo...is the ground interesting?" She jokingly asked me.

"O-oh...uhhhh...no?" I nervously respond as I feel my cheeks heat up.

'Stop it body.'

"Ohhhh your blushing! Thinking about Tanjiro?" She asks.

"I-uhhh..." I respond.

'Well what am I supposed to say? I don't know...you. But I can't say that...' I thought to myself as we enter the property of the butterfly estate.

"Ah! We're here." I state.

"Hmmm. Okay, do you know where I should stay? It's been I hot sec and I don't want to walk in a room if there's someone occupying it." She asks while scratching the back of her neck.

"The room next to min is available." I say without thinking.

"Is it okay if I stay there?" She asks.

"Y-yes!" I practically yell.

'I hope I didn't wake up anyone...' I thought as I show her the way to the room next to mine.

We eventually made it there.

"Here is where you can stay as long as you want, I'm right next door so if you need anything then don't be scared to ask for help." I explain.

(Y/N) POV

"Okay thank you!" I bow before entering my new room.

'Tanjiro is lucky, she's a cutie.' I thought as I start to unpack my bandages and a new set of clothes to prepare to change my dirty bandages.

I take off my shirt to give me access to my torso.

I slowly unravel the bandages around my torso occasionally hissing in pain because the bandages like to stick to my wound.

"Owie owie owie almost done." I whisper.

"...we'll shit." I sigh since I didn't think that putting fresh bandages on would be this hard.

I try once and realize I can't do it.

"UGH!" I slightly yell.

"Is everything okay?" I hear from the other side of the door.

"U-ummmm...can you help me with some bandages!" I embarrassingly ask.

She opens the door and freezes.

Kanao POV

'Where...is...her...shirt'