Paranoid

Thank you @chocolatteFudge for the cover photo!

(Y/N) POV

I ended up staying up all night again, yet I'm not tired at all. I looked out the window as the stars slowly disappear.

I decided to write a note to Nezuko even though she's still probably mad I don't want anyone to worry.

Dear Nezuko,

I am fine but right now I am recovering elsewhere so please don't worry, I am in good hands. I hope you are recovering well too. Tell the others that I am fine, I don't want them to worry for me. I am sorry if I caused any trouble but I will be away for a bit. Stay safe.

                                 Love, (Y/N)

"Deliver this to Nezuko at the butterfly estate." I told my crow.

I watched as he took the note in its talon and fly away.

'I hope she received the note, even if she doesn't want to hear from me.' I thought as I get out of the bed and stretch.

I heard a knock on the door.

I went to go open it up to see Kazumi with medical items.

"Ah good you're awake! If you don't mind I can help you replace your old bandages on your back! But if you don't want me to it's totally fine, you can use as much supplies as you need!" He excitedly said.

"Actually, can you help?" I ask him.

"Yup!" He said as he walks in my room.

I took off my shirt keeping a bra on as he turned around to give me my privacy.

I sat on a stool that was by my bed and unraveled the elastic bands around my torso then he started carefully peeling off the old gauze and tape.

"Almost done." He said concentrating on making it as painless as possible.

I sit very still making sure not to make any sudden movements even though it hurts like a bitch.

"Okay! All done! It looks like the stitches are ready to come out though, if you don't mind may I carefully remove them?" He respectfully asks.

"Yes please." I respond.

"Okay! Lemme just get out the scissors real quick." He said rummaging through the kit to find small scissors.

"Okay sit still." He said concentrating again.

He carefully snipped all of the stitches then removed them with a pair of tweezers.

'Wow he's good at this stuff!' I though as I could barely even feel a thing from the stitches being removed.

"Okay time for new bandages!" He enthusiastically said.

He carefully placed gauze along with tape fully focused on me.

'Haha he's really cautious and caring.' I thought as he finished patching up.

"Okay, I understand if you don't want me to do this part but so the bandages don't fall off the elastic tape needs to wrap around your torso, if you want my grandma could do it since I know it's difficult to do it on your own." He offered.

"Haha it's okay, you can do it." I said.

'He's so cautious of boundaries which I greatly appreciate.' I thought as he carefully wraps elastic around my torso making sure not to make me uncomfortable.

"Okay all done!" He happily said.

"Haha thank you so much! And by the way, where did you learn to do all of this?" I asked putting my shirt back on.

"Well while I was training I would cut myself often so I went to the local nurse to ask for tips on how to do basic repairs on my own!" He explained.

"Haha impressive! You did an extraordinary job! You have my gratitude." I praised him.

"Haha no problem! After all you saved my life! It's the least I could do!" He said.

"Haha, I'm guessing you want to...train more?" I suggested.

"Haha yep! But after we've eaten breakfast!" He said basically frolicking to the kitchen to cook.

"Hey I was wondering if you could teach me how to cook?" I ask.

"Haha yeah! It's very easy once you get the basic knowledge!" He said.

After a while he taught me how to cook an omelet over rice which actually was pretty easy.

As we were eating we made small talk on how it's been going since last time we met to update each other.

I told him how Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Zenitsu were doing. I included a little bit of info of Inosuke since he didn't know him since he joined us at a later time.

He told me how him and his grandma were doing and how his training progressed.

After that we headed out to train.

He did another mock fight against his hay dummy.

'Well he has the basics down and he's pretty skilled already too.' I thought as I watch him from a distance.

"Well honestly you have a pretty good skill set as of now so you just need to add your own style now!" I explained.

"Sweet! Thanks!" He happily said.

Time skip

After a few more days have passed my cuts have scabbed up so I'd leave today.

Since I was up again all night I decided to wait until both Kazumi and his grandmother naturally woke up.

When time came we said our goodbyes.

"Thank you for your hospitality and taking care of me." I said while bowing.

"Heheh it was nothing dearie! I enjoyed your company, I hope we meet again." The grandmother said.

"Yes! It was so much fun! Thank you for mentoring me on my swordsmanship skills! Please come again!" Kazumi said.

"Yes, I hope to see you guys again." I said before walking away.

I looked back out of curiosity to see them still standing there waving.

I waived back before turning back around.

'I hope Nezuko has been doing well. Is she still mad? What if she's even angrier now. Does she even want to see me?' I thought as I ventured on.

Nezuko POV

'I hope she's okay'