Tamayo

(Y/N) POV

I woke up slowly, I tried to sit up but my body was engulfed in pain. I groaned slowly lowering myself back down to the bed, I sighed as the pain stays constant.

Shortly I hear a pair of footsteps approaching me, I tilt my head towards the doorway to see a relieved Tamayo.

"Thank goodness you're awake, how long have you been up?" She asks.

"Hmmm about five minutes." I respond.

"Hmm good, so you weren't lonely for too long." She says as she starts to do a checkup on my injuries.

I hiss in pain as she replaces the bandage from where I got stabbed.

"Almost done..." Tamayo says as she concentrates.

She finally finished when Yushiro busts in.

"(Y/N)...is it true? About you and...Nezuko?" He outbursts.

"What do you mean Yushiro?" Tamayo asks.

"I heard they...broke up because Zenitsu and Nezuko were caught kissing." He said.

My heart dropped at the thought of it again.

They both look over to my direction.

I sigh before talking.

"Yes...it's true...but I don't feel like explaining the whole story right now...please...just leave." I mumble the last part.

They silently excuse themselves from the room as I turn over to face away.

Tamayo POV

Me and Yushiro silently left the room as requested.

"I'm sorry lady Tamayo for bringing up such an awkward situation." Yushiro apologizes.

"It's fine, I just hope she okay. That's probably why she came here for treatment rather than stay with Nezuko making it more awkward and/or stressful." I explain.

"I'll make her some soup" I say before heading to the kitchen.

As I finish up I wash the dishes I have dirtied then walk to the room where I care for patients.

"Hey...I made you some soup." I say.

"Thanks..." (Y/N) says as she struggles to sit up.

"Oh here let me help." I say grabbing some pillows to help prop herself up.

I give her the tray and make my way to the door.

"Wait...please stay." She mumbled.

I stop then turn around now heading back towards her bed.

"I'm sorry about earlier..." she trails off.

"It's fine, it's only normal to avoid such topics." I reply.

"Anyways how'd you get injured to this extent?" I ask.

"Well some girl stabbed me while yelling at a kid with tuberculosis and there were two demons, one was a lower rank 1 and the other was an upper rank 3." She explains.

"Two of the Kizuki were there?!" I gasp.

"Yup." She bluntly says.

"Who all was there? Was there any casualties?" I impatiently.

"Yeah, there was Rengoku, Inosuke, Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Zenitsu. Don't worry though none of them died, as for the civilian passengers I'm not sure what happened to them." She states.

She goes to say more but is stopped by a violent coughing fit, she turns her head away from me and coughs in her sleeve.

I run to get her some water, when I return I see blood dripping from the corners of her mouth and a crimson red stained sleeve.

"...uhhh" she mutters.

"Here I'll go get a new top for you, for now here's a handkerchief." I say before running off to get a new shirt for her.

(Y/N) POV

'This is just great.' I thought to myself as I wait for Tamayo to come back with a new shirt for me.

She rushes back in with a new shirt for me to put on.

As she starts to walk away to give me privacy I call out to her.

"Uhhhhh can you please help me put this on?" I ask.

"I...yes of course I forgot about your condition at the moment." She says as she walks back over to me.

'I swear I just saw a light tint of pink on her cheeks...eh it could just be me.'

As she helps me put on the new shirt I feel a finger trace down from my shoulder blade until the bandages met with her fingertip.

She quickly removed her finger and stood up.

"Are you done with your food?" She asked.

"Uh..yeah." I respond.

"Okay I'll take your dishes away." She said before hastily leaving the room.

'That was weird.' I thought as I lay down but I can't seem to get comfortable.

Tamayo POV

'Omg omg omg omg...WHY DID I DO THAT?! DID SHE NOTICE?...YOU DUMMY OF COURSE SHE NOTICED! Okay okay keep your cool...stay relaxed...act like it never even happened.' I thought as I wash the dishes.

I go to check in on her but she's still awake.

"Trouble sleeping?" I ask.

"Yeah..." she sighs.

"What's on your mind?" I question.

"Hmmm not much I just can't sleep though, I've been tossing and turning for forever and it's just not working. It's like when both sides of your pillow is warm you know?" I try to explain.

"Hmmm I understand, would you like some company?" She offers.

"Sounds way better than silently staring at the ceiling." I jokingly said.

'This feeling...it's different...'