Mistake

(Y/N) POV

It's been about another week of me staying in my room doing nothing but being taken care of by Kanao even though I'm basically fully healed.

I look out the window as I let out a heavy sigh.

'The stars are bright tonight.' I thought as I try to find the brightest one.

'Hmph...this view sucks.' I thought as I slip a jacket on and sneak out of my room.

As I venture in the woods I look at a tall sturdy tree.

'It's been a hot sec since I've shifted huh...' I thought as I try to scope out a spot to shift to.

"Got it...shadow shift." I say in a somber tone.

"That's better." I mumble as I can see all of the stars as far as my eyes can see.

"I'm sorry but..." I faintly hear a female voice say.

"No, I understand...can we still be friends?" I hear a male voice say.

"Of course." I hear the female say.

I glance down but I only catch a glimpse of a light pink kimono.m but by the time I get a second glance it's gone.

I let out a sigh of relief as I hope to not draw attention to myself.

A few hours later I decide to head back to my room but first I shift back onto the ground by the tree roots.

"Shadow shift." I said before appearing on the ground.

"...no...way." I hear.

I turn my head to try and find out who said that, my eyes are met with vibrant purple orbs.

"N-Nezuko...I'm sorry-" she interrupted me with a hug.

"It's okay...I'm sorry too, I'm glad your okay." She says on the brim of tears.

I hug her back feeling like I just put the last piece of my puzzle in, I feel so complete again...but something is still off.

"Hey, why are you out here at this time?" I asked since it was only two hours before sunrise.

"Well...Zenitsu asked me to be his girlfriend and I told him to give me some time and it was finally time to give him an answer but I just couldn't do it." She explained.

"At least you guys can still be friends..." I trail off.

"Do..you think we can still be friends?" She asked.

The word friend hurt more than I anticipated, only being a friend to her now.

I simply nodded my head not trusting my voice.

Even though only being a friend to her hurts, it's better than being nothing.

We start to walk back to the estate in an awkward silence. That is until I see a streak of pink dart it's way right towards us.

'Kanao?!' I thought.

The streak eventually stops right in front of us.

"Kanao?!" Nezuko yelps.

"You weren't in your room so it worried me." The girl briefly exclaims.

"Yeah...sorry I just needed some fresh air." I calmly explain.

"Wait...since when did you two get so familiar with eachother?!" Nezuko raised her voice.

"Well..." I trail off.

"She got here a while ago but decided to recover before letting the others find out of her whereabouts." She briefly explained.

"So..how long have you been here..." Nezuko says with her head tilted down.

"Almost a month." I guiltily confess.

"And you didn't think to even let me know...I was so worried, and so were the others." She angrily says.

"I'm sorry but-"

"No...I was so worried about you and you were here ALL ALONG?!" She yells.

"She was only here for a month, the rest of the time she was at lady Tamayos." Kanao intervenes.

"Tamayo?? So what are you guys dating now?" Nezuko hisses.

"No, I helped her get together with Yushiro." I say.

"Why am I even mad right now...we're not even together and we NEVER WILL BE, I DON'T KNOW WHY I WAS SO STUPID TO LOVE YOU LIKE I DID WHEN ALL YOU DO IS GO TO OTHER PEOPLE FOR HELP! DID YOU EVEN LOVE ME?!" She yelled before storming off.

I stood there unable to move, couldn't even utter a single word.

A few moments pass by.

"Well..." my voice cracked.

"I'm sorry if I said anything wrong." Kanao apologized.

"It's fine, she'd find out sooner or later." I sighed fighting to keep the tears from falling.

The sun was now rising and the start have gone away.

"I guess it's almost time for breakfast huh, I bet your hungry." I say.

"Yeah, want to help with preparing it with me and Shinobu, Mitsuri might be there but last time Shinobu kicked her out of the kitchen because she was 'taste testing' too many things." Kanao says.

"I'll probably just ease into training, but thanks for the offer." I say as I start to walk back to my room to change and grab my katana.

As I get to my room I look in the mirror.

"I really outdid myself this time huh." I mumble before getting ready to train.

As I make my way out I run into Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Nezuko.

"WOW (Y/N)!!! YOU'RE BACK!!" Tanjiro excitedly yells.

"Yup" I try to smile as I scratch the back of my neck.

"Wow!! It's been a while since I've seen ya!" Inosuke says while he dad slaps my shoulder.

"We're heading to get some breakfast! Wanna join?" Zenitsu offers.

I quickly glance at Nezuko to see her glaring at me.

"No thanks, I'm going to train." I say as I start to walk off.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Fuck." I mumbled before approaching the straw dummies.

"Shadow breathing fifth form, streak of death."

I place my dominant hand on the handle before swiftly maneuvering between the dummies cleanly slicing them up.

As I finish with the dummies I swiftly sheath my Katana.

I practice some more techniques before my crow gives me a mission.

"This should be a nice distraction, hopefully it goes smooth."