Trees

A/N: please don't forget to vote if you like the story so far!

(Y/N) POV

"WHAAA!" I woke up to cold water dumped on my face.

"Thank god you're awake!" She sighs with relief.

"What happened?" I asked

"Oh, you passed out." She bluntly said.

"Oh...sorry." I apologized

"It's okay, as long as your safe and not dead." She jokingly said while she started a mini bonfire.

I looked around and saw that she took me to a nearby river instead of carrying me all the way to the Butterfly Mansion.

"The water is so pretty, the way it reflects to sunset...WAIT...SUNSET?! HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN OUT?" I worriedly ask

"Oh just since earlier today, we'll have to sleep outside of we can't find anywhere to stay. The problem with that is that the boys offered to carry the tents and stuff but they're at the mansion." She explains.

"Damn." I sigh

"Hmmmm I don't know if you're going to like this idea but I know how to avoid demons at night." I said sparking her interest.

"How so?" She asked

"Well, climb far up a tree. You can fall asleep since I'll be there to hold you and keep you warm." I proposed

"Hmmmm...I guess but I'll try to stay awake with you." She hesitantly said.

"I better not fall though!" She says eyeing me down

"I promise I won't let you fall." I say grabbing her hands and closing the gap between our lips.

As we separated we realized the fish Nezuko had put over the fire was done.

We peacefully ate while she gave me some of her fresh water.

Then darkness covered the sky.

I took her hand and led her to one of the biggest trees I could find.

"You ready?" I asked

"Y-yes" she tried to say bravely

Next thing she knew she was on top of a thick tree branch with nothing but the starry sky above us.

I sit down leaning against the trunk with my legs are split causing my feet to dangle while Nezuko sits with her back against me and her legs are crisscross APPLESAUCE (sorry I had to).

He leans into my embrace and looks at the sky with me.

I was sitting straight up so I could wrap an arm over her shoulder so she can lean on it when she gets tired, and well...she leaned the other way.

I quickly adjusted my arms and tried not to make and sudden jerks to disturb her sleepiness.

'Whew that was a close one' I thought as I caught her sleepy head.

"Mph no stay awake for (Y/N)." She mumbled but was already fast asleep.

'I will protect this precious being with my life!' I jokingly say like a scene in a crusty movie.

I look at the stars and admire their beauty, that's when I saw a shooting star.

'Hmm I heard somewhere you have to make a wish.' I thought

'I wish for Nezuko to have a bright happy future, even if it's not with me...' I wished

'I mean I hope it's with me, but if she decides to move on...there's nothing I could do about it.' I harshly thought.

I look at her peacefully sleeping with not one care in the world.

'Please don't leave me.' I thought

I started overthinking until tears flowed down my face and my breath became unsteady. I look back up at the sky to see the stars have gone away and the sun is rising.

"(Y/N)?" Nezuko questionably said

"Did I wake you sorry!" I apologized rubbing off my tears.

"What's wrong?" She carefully maneuvered herself to face me to wipe off the tears the continued to fall out of my eyes.

"D-do you love me?" I stuttered

"Of course I do! I love you so much that I wouldn't want anyone else by my side!" She said but quickly ended up flustered because that was her first time saying she loved me.

"I love you too."