Recovery

Nezuko POV

'I wonder when (Y/N) is going to be back, I feel nervous but I still want to see her. I wonder why Kanao looks even more lost in thought than usual.' I thought as we all watch the sunrise.

So much has changed in a little amount of time. Tanjiro and Zenitsu are back to being friends, Inosuke and Aoi are official, Tanjiro and Kanao are talking, and Zenitsu and I are dating.

The only thing that has been missing is (Y/N).

"OOOOOO LOOK LOOK A BUTTERFLY!" Zenitsu yells.

We all avert our attention to the butterfly.

"Uhhhh..." Tanjiro trailed off.

We all look at him to see Kanao has disappeared.

"Maybe her social battery ran out? I'll go look for her to make sure she's okay." I offer.

"Okay, I'll prepare breakfast." Tanjiro says as everyone follows his lead.

I start to wonder around until I go to check her room.

I knock on the door yet no response, I then open the door slightly to an empty room.

"They're still not fully recovered, yet they still decides to push themselves." I hear a voice from the next room over.

I curiously place my ear to the wall.

"How long have you known?" I hear the same voice ask.

"Not for too long, they arrived last night." I hear a different voice faintly say.

"So?...What do you think of them?"

"Well..."

"It's okay I won't push it but for now I'm trusting you to keep an eye out of anything happens, I will tell everyone you are not feeling well and needs rest."

"Thank you." I hear followed by the door opening then closing.

I freeze in my spot trying not to be hears but thankfully the footsteps fade away in the distance.

'I wonder who they're talking about...could it be...(Y/N)?!' I thought as I sneak back out to meet up with the others.

"Hey Nezuko! Did you find her? Is she alright?" Tanjiro asks.

"Yeah, although she's not feeling the best so she needs rest." I respond.

"Ahhhh...I hope she feels better." Tanjiro says while preparing our plates of food.

(Y/N) POV

I slowly wake up to see it's the evening already, I look over and see...KANAO?!

"GAH!" I yelped.

"I see your up." She casually says while my soul returns to my body.

"Jeez, that was quite the wake up...anyways why are you here? How long have you been here?" I ask.

"I was monitoring you to make sure your okay, I've been here for a while now but I don't mind...you look quite peaceful when you sleep." She mumbled the last part.

'Was I meant to hear the last part?' I asked myself yet decide to carry on as if I hadn't heard her.

"My my, someone's finally awake." I hear from the doorway.

"Hey Shinobu." I say.

"You sound like you had a pleasant nap." She says as she makes her way over to my bedside.

"Yeah for the most part, anyways, what brings you here?" I ask.

"Just checking to see if the pain has worsened, has it?" She adds on.

"No, I actually feel better than before!" I happily say.

"Good good, well dinner will be soon. I'll have it ready soon at your door, unless you want to eat with everyone." She offers.

"Hmmmm...is like to eat in here please." I respond.

"I see...anyways Kanao, can you help me?" She looks over to the other girl.

"Y-yes of course." She mumbled.

"Great! Now let's get started!" She says as her and Kanao leave the room.

'Did Shinobu have Kanao watch over me? Or did Kanao decide she wanted to? Anyways I'll just lay back down.' I thought as I pull the covers I'm back over me.

"Hey..." I hear then feel a slight tug on my sleeve.

"Huh?...OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL ASLEEP!" I yell in shock.

"It's okay, you need the rest. Here's your dinner." Kanao says.

I go to grab my plate but there two.

"You wanna eat with me?" I offer.

She nods not saying a word, I scoot over on my bed and tap showing her it's okay to sit down there.

We both eat in a comfortable silence, finally I had finished, as I look over to her she was already done.

"Are you finished? I'll take our plates back," she says as she grabs my plate and makes her way back to the kitchen.

'She eats really damn fast, what the fuck.' I thought before once again laying back down.

'A lot has changed huh.'