thirty one

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MYLA VELLA

We had spent the evening at a diner, the moral was low but none of us wanted to admit it. Realising that Zara soon would be mateless and Jake and Aria fatherless. It was heart-breaking. Evan was adamant that we would speak about something else and remain positive, no point dwelling on something we can't personally change.

By the time we got back to the house it was late and everyone was in bed, I had no idea if I should go in to see Jake or let him be. My stomach growling with nerves, hesitating outside my door and looking down the hall towards Jake's room.

Taking a deep breath and taking slow and steady steps as I reach his door, my knuckles brushing against the wood and cracking the handle gently. My eyes peek inside, the room completely swarmed in darkness. Jake's body was wrapped up in his duvet facing towards the window and away from me, he doesn't move but I could tell he wasn't asleep.

"Can I come in?" I whisper so quietly that barely I could hear it. "It's okay if you want to be alone."

A few moments tick by and Jake remains silent, my body rushing over with sadness but I knew it was my cue to leave. "Okay," I say quietly. "I'm here if you need."

My fingers pull back the handle slowly, almost clicking back in place. "Myla," Jake's voice calls out for me and I instantly stop, pushing the door back open again.

He was now sat up in his bed, a hand against his head. "I don't want to be alone," he murmurs and I swallow softly.

"Okay," I say quietly as I take a step inside and closing the door behind me firmly. Tip toeing around the random pieces of clothing dotted around the floor and pulling back the duvet cover, slipping inside the sheets. Jake was laying facing the ceiling, not once turning to look at me.

So I let the silence swarm us, moving closer to him as I slip my hand into his and give him a supportive squeeze. My other hand brushing against his soft skin soothingly, watching as Jake keeps his eyes open and remains on a specific spot above him.

"I'm here for you no matter what," I whisper pressing a kiss to the outside of his arm. "If you need time to yourself just let me know and I'll give you space."

Jake's throat swallows for a second. "I thought I wanted space," he breathes out. "But I realised that I don't, I hate the thought of being alone. Of being stuck with my thoughts."

My eyes drop to my hand as I continue to caress his skin. "Well you don't have to worry about that," I smile. "I'm not going anywhere if you don't want me to."

He doesn't respond for a minute or two so I remain quiet, worried that I would say the wrong thing. Eventually he rotates and turns to me, sliding his hand under the pillow on my side of the bed, our legs entwining together.

"Tell me a story," he says, his voice deep and croaky.

"A story?" I repeat as I look up at him through my lashes.

His eyes looked tired but so tired that he couldn't sleep, restless. "Yeah," he mumbles. "Tell me a story that will distract me from my thoughts."

"Okay," I nod as I quickly ponder for a second, trying to wrack my brain with something fun to tell but then remembering that my life has been pretty boring. Jake watches me patiently as I take my time thinking of something to say. "Drake blocked me on twitter once."

Jake cracks a small smile. "He blocked you?" He repeats.

I hum instantly and nod my head. "Yup, childhood ruined."