fourteen

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MYLA VELLA

Something wet and textured is pressed to my face, not once but multiple times. I groan and shake my head but the feeling persists, cracking one of my eyes open looking down to Oakley licking my cheek.

Almost jumping out of my skin at the sight of him, he meows in my direction as I sit up against my headboard. "Oh shit," I curse to myself as I run my hands through his white fur. "I did not think this through."

There was a dull ache inside my head, my mouth gasping for something to drink. I guess this was the hangover, it was bearable but I didn't want this feeling to last all day. Oakley snuggles up beside me and tucks himself into my fluffy blanket.

Continuing to stroke him as I sigh. "If only dad thought you were as cute as I do," I say quietly to him.

My head replays last nights antics from the party and drinking the punch. I laugh to myself, how could I think that the punch would be non-alcoholic? Even I'm shocked at my own naivety.

Then getting food with Jake, pretty much stripping in front of him to show him my scars. It didn't phase me now that he knows, it isn't a secret and I'm not ashamed of them. It's just easier to keep them hidden.

I was more concerned how this would affect our friendship now, would he pretend like last night didn't happen?

In the back of my mind I really hoped not, I enjoyed Jake's company more than I'd like to admit. Maybe this would be the start of something, a solid friendship rather than being blunt to each other for no reason.

"Right," I mumble, scooping Oakley up into my arms. "Best get you outside before my head is on a stick... or your head is on a stick."

Oakley meows again and nuzzles his head into my chin, my lips begin to frown at his affectionate gestures. "I know you don't want to go but it's only fair, you stayed in here all night."

Taking the covers off my body and walking down the stairs, placing him outside with his little cat house and water. Grabbing his box of cat biscuits from just inside the door and filling up his bowl, Oakley running to eat instantly.

As I turn to walk back into the house and over to the kitchen. "Can I smell cat?" Caleb arches an eyebrow at me as he cracks an egg into a dish.

I stand straight to the spot and purse my lips. "No," I say with a sweet smile.

"You my girl are the worst liar in the world," he says before shaking his head in my direction.

Hmm, he doesn't seem mad. What a revelation.

"I may have brought him in last night when I was a bit drunk," I admit as I take a few steps closer to the kitchen island.

"Drunk?" He questions in disbelief. Not sounding disappointed but surprised.

"It was an accident," I hold my hands up in defence. "I didn't actively try and take part in anti-social behaviour."

Caleb cracks a smile as he begins to whisk the eggs together. "Did you have a good time?" He asks.

I move to sit on one of the island stools and lean forward on my elbows. "Yeah was okay," I tell him. "Nothing special."

"Fair enough," he says. "So I spoke to Felix and Zara about Aria."

Caleb stops what he's doing and takes a quick glance at me. "Right?" I say with my eyes narrowed slightly.

"And they know what she said and did wasn't acceptable, they're going to sit her down and put her in her place." He says, resting his palms down onto the edge of the counter. "They're going to really settle down on her and take back control."