Twenty

My father placed a bowl of oatmeal in front of me and gave me a meek smile, I sighed and gave him one back.

"So Ava."

"What?"

"Your birthdays Saturday."

"And?"

"Well is there anything particular you want? I mean you are turning the big 18." He took a sip of his coffee, I played around with my oatmeal acting as If I was deep in thought, but I already knew what I wanted.

"I want a huge party at your cabin but without you there, and I want a matte black Avendator." I gave him a bright grin revealing my bright white teeth.

"Okay party yes, but a Lamborghini?" He scoffed and took another sip of his coffee.

"Dad I'm your only child I deserve this."

"And why do you deserve it?"

"Because I'm your little girl, I'm the valedictorian with a 4.8 GPA, I have a full ride scholarship to Stanford, etcetera." I fiddle with my oatmeal then look at my dad he has the smallest grin on his face.

"I'll think about it." He punches my arm, I punch him back and he flinches.

"And my girl knows how to fight alright!" He puts me in a headlock and tussles my hair, I fight to get out of his grip.

"Come on I'll drop you off at school." He lets go, gets up from the bar stool and I follow him.

I follow Eric to our old lunch table, he tells me about him waking up late and I just roll my eyes, typical Eric.

I look across the lunch room and see Alex walking with a group of girls, my heart aches, I can't stop looking at him, nostalgic feelings of confusion rush throughout my veins.

"Eric I'm having a birthday party Saturday at my dads cabin." I look at Eric and he drops his fork, he takes a strong grip at my shoulder and shakes me.

"What? Your dads cabin?" He looks at me still having a tight grip on my shoulders,

"Yeah, I've never been to it but he's shown me pictures. It's two stories, has an indoor sauna, pool, jacuzzi, a theater, basically fucking huge and super rich like I guess." I break lose from his grip.

"Dude that's amazing, I wish my parents were as rich as your dad." He laughs.

"He feels guilty he was never around me, so he gives me what I want honestly."

"You're so spoiled."

"Whatever, just spread the word around, it'll be epic."

"No problem boss lady."

"And invite Stephanie, convince her parents that It's your small get together."

"Will do Ava."

I smile deviously at myself, proud of what I will accomplish Saturday night.