Memories

Scott had a chance to make an album and was taking it. He'd got a few songs written for it but he was currently working on another. Mitch had just broken up with him... Mitch... Mitchel Coby Michael Grassi - or in other words - his best friend in the entire world... for the past eight years. As much as it hurt that Mitch broke his heart, nothing hurt more than losing his best friend, his confidant, his world.

So, Scott was working on another song and decided to perform it in a small diner, with a little performance area for a dinner with a performance type of thing, that he, Mitch and their other close friend, Kirstie, hang out in. They always went out for dinner every Friday night at that diner so he planned to sing it then, in hopes that Mitch and he could talk and hopefully rekindle their friendship - it was so important for them to do so otherwise Scott had no idea what to do with himself.

Scott walked into the diner and immediately noticed Mitch sat at their usual table, alone because Scott had messaged Kirstie to 'be late' or in other words... not show up at all. He went to the front where the stage was and sat at the keyboard piano there. He began playing and even before he looked, Mitch knew it was Scott. he could tell from the way the keys were pressed... and the fact that up until a few weeks before, Scott was his best friend and they were always at each others' houses.

Mitch looked up and listened to Scott's song, knowing that even with the female pronouns - the blonde still being buried in the closet to everyone except him - that the song was about him. He listened to the entire song and knew that he wanted that bo... man (woah, when did that happen) back in his life.

'I still remember the sweet fragrance that came from your perfume
And I'll never forget that journal where you'd write about me and you.
Sometimes late at night, I can almost feel you next to me.
I can feel your sweet caress, oh.
That love you could always guarantee.
I miss you, I'll never forget you.
I'll just hold on to the memories.
Your smile, baby your kiss.
I see your eyes and I reminisce,
And it makes me wish I could fall in love again.
Some nights when I just can't sleep,
I lay awake and I think about you and me.
Holding my pillow.
I think, if I can't hold you,
I'll just hold on, to the memories, of you.
The silly things you used to say
And those fun little games we used to play
I'd look into those big blue eyes
And I knew you were the one.
I miss you, I'll never forget you.
I'll just hold on to the memories.
Your smile, baby your kiss.
I see your eyes and I reminisce,
And it makes me wish I could fall in love again.
Some nights when I just can't sleep,
I lay awake and I think about you and me.
Holding my pillow.
I think, if I can't hold you,
I'll just hold on to the memories, of you.
I'll never forget you.
Never will I let you go.
The memories stay with me.
And thinking about you sets me free.
Your smile, baby your kiss.
I see your eyes and I reminisce,
And it makes me wish I could fall in love again.
Some nights when I just can't sleep,
I lay awake and I think about you and me.
Holding my pillow.
I think, if I can't hold you,
I'll just hold on to the memories, ohh.
Some nights when I just can't sleep,
I lay awake and I think about you and me.
Holding my pillow.
I think, if I can't hold you,
I'll just hold on to the memories.
The memories. Of you.'

After the song and the audience applause Scott made his way to Mitch's table with a nod to the server who knew their orders. He sat in front of Mitch before resting his head on the table - a headache forming. Mitch moved next to Scott in the booth and gently massaged the blonde's head causing him to moan softly. Mitch continued what he was doing before grabbing his bag and pulling out Advil. No, he hadn't needed it, he just felt in his subconscious to bring it with him. "Scotty," Mitch spoke softly causing the blonde to turn his head to look at him. Mitch grabbed two tablets and slipped them into Scott's mouth gently before handing him some water which he took thankfully.

"Thanks, Mitchy," Scott spoke softly, resting his head on the brunettes shoulder. He missed his best friend, it didn't matter that they stopped talking for a while, nothing would destroy this friendship. "I don't want to lose you, Mitchy. Our friendship is so important to me. That song was written about you, for my album, and it's true, if you don't want friendship, then I'll just reminisce and leave you alone," Scott spoke softly, his head still hurting and ignoring the food that was placed on his table.

"Oh, Scotty. I never wanted to lose you, it's why I broke it off with you because if something were to go wrong down the road I'd not only lose a boyfriend, I'd lose my best friend. I couldn't bare to lose you, you know that! I love you a lot, Scott, I can't lose you," Mitch spoke softly. Just like that, their friendship was back in action - they could be friends and still love each other. It took a few days to get back into the swing of things with their friendship but it was there. And neither one of them could be happier at that fact.