Scotty Boy

Scott had kept a diary as a kid, who hadn't? Scott was going through his old belongings while at home for a few weeks during the summer holidays when he came across his little box of diaries. He immediately searched out the blue notebook with stickers over it and began reading through some of the small entries.

10.17.01
Dear diary,
I've started a new theatre club called CATS.

10.20.01
Dear diary,
I'm playing Charlie. I like my part.

10.26.01
Dear diary,
I made a new friend, called Mitch. He's in CATS too. He's playing Mike Teevee. I'm happy.

11.15.01
Dear diary,
I've just had tea at Mitch's house, I love being his friend.

Scott knew he had to do something as his anniversary as Mitch's friend was coming up. Their fifteenth anniversary (2016) With that he took out his phone and opened the notes page and created a new one.

Mitch's gift ideas for friend anniversary...
- tattoo, the date in a four-leaf clover with the CATS logo attached
- take him to Iceland for a few weeks
- write a song dedicated to him
- clothes, lots of clothes
- jewellery

Scott decided that list was enough and got to work on the beginning of his work. The song.

He decided to base it off of his friendship with Mitch and worked tirelessly for the last two weeks he was at home, getting all except the bridge done in the song before he had to return home to his best friend.

Before the plane left Texas he messaged all his bandmates to help him with the surprise by meeting him after he got home. And he jumped onto the plane, hurried home in an Uber.

Once he got inside he left his bags at the door, said both hi to Mitch, who was sat on their couch and went to grab some water. As he reached into the fridge he felt Mitch's arms come around his waist causing a smile to appear on Scott's face.

Scott turned with the bottle, after closing the fridge and hugged Mitch back, gently before kissing his head. "Mitchie, you gotta let me go. I'll have a wine night with you tonight, but first I gotta go out. No rest for the wicked, right?" Mitch whined before letting his best friend go.

"But, Scottie. You just got home and you're leaving me again? No fair," Mitch spoke a pout on his face. Mitch hated being alone, especially when he can't physically get to Scott. Scott smiled and kissed his friends head, once more, before grabbing his carry on, with his supplies for the surprise already placed inside.

"I'll be back before you know it, Mitchie. I promise. I have to get this done now though before I can rest. Okay?" Scott spoke before turning to leave. He hated to leave Mitch after being away from him for a long while already, he always hated leaving Mitch behind because the brunette meant the world to him, he always had and he always will.

"Okay, stay safe. I'll set up for you, message when you are returning, love," Mitch spoke as he watched his best friend leave from the doorway. Scott turned and waved as he got into his car, full of energy he shouldn't have due to slight jet lag. Mitch closed the door before a tear dropped down his face, he couldn't understand why Scott had to leave so spontaneously and without him spending more than two minutes with Mitch... Did the blonde get bored of him?

Scott drove to Kirstie's where the group were meeting and said hi to everyone. "Okay, no one told Mitch you were meeting with me, did you?" Everyone shook their heads so Scott calmed down a little. He walked out the room, gesturing for the others to follow him to Kirstie's piano where he pulled out the song he'd been working on for two consecutive weeks now.