Fight

It'd been happening for weeks now, Scott ignoring Mitch, that is. Mitch HATED it, he felt alone and he hated feeling that way. 'You're homesick together, and together you always feel at home,' was a quote they'd written in their coffee table book, but Mitch didn't feel that, because Scott wasn't with him - ever anymore. And there was a reason for that, one that Mitch didn't know, but one day it got too much.

Mitch dropped to the floor in tears, his phone dropping to the ground after promising to tell Scott. Scott walked out his room, rolled his eyes at Mitch and went to leave but was pulled back by Mitch. "Scott, I know you're ignoring me or whatever..." Mitch began but Scott pushed him back - hard enough that he fell to the floor - and left, not wanting to hear anything Mitch had to say.

Mitch sighed and grabbed his phone before pulling himself to his feet. He opened face time and began calling Kirstie as he started packing - he had to go home. "Hey, Mitchy... where you going?" Kirstie asked as she answered the call. 

"I'm going home, Kirst, I can't stand staying here any longer, so I'm going home - for a while. I don't really know how long. I was calling to see if you'd come get Wyatt as Scott's never home anymore?" Mitch spoke as he began zipping up his case. 

"Yes, of course, Mitchy. I'll fetch him after my rehearsal, which speaking of, I need to go now," Kirstie spoke before blowing Mitch a kiss and leaving. 

Mitch drove himself to the airport and left on the next possible flight. As he were flying he began writing an email that he'd send immediately as he landed. This email was going to the head office and their band's manager telling them that he was resigning. He couldn't stay in a band with his best friend who hated his guts. 

And then, he landed. He sent the email to his ex-manager and one to Esther with slightly different wordings before leaving to the hospital. His mum, dad and Scott's dad had been in a car crash - T boned by a drunk driver - and he was there alone because Scott refused to listen to him. he walked in and immediately saw Connie sat in the waiting area and pulled his case over to her. "Ma, he wouldn't listen to me. He's still ignoring me, I'm sorry," Mitch spoke wrapping her up in a hug. Connie nodded before leading Mitch to his parents - and Rick's - hospital room. Once in there she pulled out Mitch's phone as he sat with his parents and face timed Scott.

"What Mitchell?" Scott spoke as he picked up the phone, not looking to see that it's actually his mother.

"Scott Richard Hoying, why are you in LA when your father is dying in Texas? Why did you ignore Mitch trying to tell you?" Connie spoke anger deep in her tone. Scott looked at his phone in deep confusion, Connie was on Mitch's phone?

"Mom?" Scott asked in clear confusion. 

"Yes, Scott, why are you not here with Mitch? Your dad and Mitch's parents are close to dying and you refused to listen to him tell you. I'm so disappointed in you, and even worse, Mitch quit Pentatonix because of you," Connie spoke, deeply angry and upset with him. She put the phone down, knowing that her words were enough.

Esther pulled up outside Scott and Mitch's place with Avi, Kevin and Kirstie in the car, them all running to the house and banging on the door. "Alright, I get it come in," Scott spoke as he ran around packing things. He had to get home. "What? My dad's dying along with Mitch's parents so I kind of have to get go..." Scott started speaking but was stopped when Esther slapped him around the face.

"Scott Richard! Sit, now," Esther spoke - the rest of the group looking at her in shock at her anger. 

"Est, what's wrong?" Kirstie asked. 

"Well, I just received two emails, one from Little Mitchy, and one from management. Mitch quit Pentatonix. Listen, 'Esther, I know this isn't how I should do this but I wrote a better email to management, I'm leaving PTX because Scott hasn't spoken a word to me in over three months. I'm moving back to Texas because my parents are dying, please tell Kirstie to keep Wyatt, Scott hasn't even seen the cat in three months and he'd die before Scott ever came home. Please, get a new, better tenor and keep Scott's dream alive. He's my best friend, Est, look after him for me, I've done all I can and now I need you all to help me, because he doesn't need me anymore. You know him almost as much as I do, there's some stuff only I know, but trust him, I need to go be with my family. See you soon,'. Scott, How could you? If you don't get Mitch back, I quit as your manager," Esther spoke causing Avi to drop his phone in shock.

"Scott, Mitch asked to keep the dream alive, but if you don't get Mitch back, I quit too. He's the best member of the group and without him there is no band, so, get him back or I quit too..." Avi spoke but Kevin cut him off.

"It's too late for that," Kevin spoke. Everyone turned to see what he meant, " 'Hey, guys, I hate to say this but I've quit PTX. Scott and I have fallen out and we aren't friends anymore. My parents have been in a dangerous accident and being in Texas is where I want to be. I will probably still make music in the future but there is no way I'm doing any group work. I love you all, stay safe,' Mitch posted that on Twitter twenty minutes ago. There is no use... wait, he's just posted again, 'Pentatonix is still continuing, I've asked the group to get a new tenor because I don't want to force Scott to lose his dream, or to break the friendships of my closest and best friends. Scott is my best friend - I may not be his anymore - but I don't want to harm him, trust me, the band will stay alive.' Scott, you broke us and now we're stuck as he just promised the world that we'd stay together. Fix it," Kevin spoke.

"Why have you been ignoring him for so long?" Kirstie asked, she hated that Scott had hurt her little Mitchy.

"Because he told me to. We were arguing - fake anyways like always - and he said that he'd be able to survive without me, that I wasn't needed for him, that he had never needed me, so I tested it. I didn't know it hurt him so much, he told me to leave him alone, so I did. I always do everything he asks, now I must get home, my parents could die at any moment," Scott said, standing and leaving - forgetting he needed to bring clothes.

Scott got onto the next flight and went home. He went straight to the hospital where he saw Mitch - his mom had gone home for the night, but Mitch had yet to leave. "Scott, you actually came," Mitch spoke without turning around. Scott went and sat next to him, sat in the middle of the room, in between Scott and Mitch's parents. "I figured you'd stay home, with Olly. You didn't seem to want to know about Ma, mom or dad when I tried to tell you," Mitch spoke, finally turning and standing. He moved and sat on Scott's lap, burying his face into the blonde's neck and beginning to cry.

"Shh, Mitchy, you're alright. They're going to be alright, I promise. I spoke to the doctor before I came in, they're going to wake up," Scott spoke, wrapping his arms around his best friend. "I only ignored you, cos you asked me too," He added on. Mitch nodded.

"I figured you'd actually take what I said to heart, but you know I didn't actually want you too, right?" Mitch asked, snuggling further into Scott, missing him a lot.

"Yes, but I also didn't think you'd quit the band, I mean, it's our band, Mitchy, our dream. And you gave it all up," Scott spoke gently. They sat there for a while, just talking quietly and snuggled into each other until morning when Connie came back.