Loving

Scott was laid in his bed looking through Instagram. He'd recently followed a bunch of fans' accounts and was looking through their edits and such. He saw loads of pictures that he remembered being taken with such happy memories behind and his heart ached. He and Mitch hadn't had much time for each other, with promoting the band, time for friendships and other activities, left barely an hour to shoot for Superfruit and literally no time to be with each other and his heart ached. He loved just being in Mitch's presence and he wouldn't change Mitchy time for a billion dollars - that he'd spend on Mitch anyways. 

"Mitchy?" Scott shouted from his bed across his room, the hallway, Mitch's room and to Mitch in his bed.

"Yeah, daddy?" Mitch asked in reply, laid in bed tired from his busy few months with next to no down time... which he usually didn't mind but he was losing time with his best friend and couldn't relax properly, causing his anxiety to sky rocket and heart to burn as his soulmate was so far away... practically unreachable.

"I love you," Scott shouted back in reply. He knew that Mitch knew this but he loved telling him all the time. Additionally, he knew that Mitch adored him back and, finally, he knew that none of this would ever change. 

Mitch's heart raced at that thought. He and Scott had been away from each other for so long he was worried that Scott wouldn't love him anymore... well, he guessed that was a stupid thought. Mitch didn't reply, he just wrapped his comforter around his shoulders and trudged into his best friends' room - phone in hand. Once he arrived he practically slammed open Scott's door and almost leapt on his best friends' bed before cuddling up to him. "Love you too," Mitch spoke softly, as he nuzzled into his best friend's shoulder. Scott's arms wrapped around Mitch, making the brunette feel safe, protected and loved. They always felt safe together and knowing the other was close with them just made them relax. 

Mitch didn't realise there were tears running down his face until Scott began humming their song, the one that helps them stop crying and just feel relaxed, Light in the Hallway - a song that Scott wrote for his nephew Landon to protect him from the nightmares all little boys (and girls) suffer. Mitch moved his head onto Scott's chest and just felt and listened to the vibrations and took a few moments to calm down, Scott knowing the second he'd done so. "What's wrong, baby?" Scott asked gently, not wanting to cause his friend to cry or worse, go into a panic attack. 

"I missed you. We've been so busy we literally never spend time together, and I guess I just felt like you don't love me anymore because we're apart so much," Mitch whispered as quiet as possible. The words coming out of his mouth made it feel real, like if Scott heard them any louder he'd realise how much he doesn't like the brunette. 

"That's not true, Mitchy. I love you more than anything in the entirety of existence. That's how I know you're taking time off for a few weeks, except promo of course, and that's also how I decided to take the same amount of time off, to be with you because I love you so much. It's alright, I've got you," Scott spoke pulling his best friend even closer to him - as if that's possible - and snuggling into his head of hair.