Core

Mitch was sat on Scott's lap during lunch of rehearsal. Not by choice, Scott grabbed him and pulled him onto his lap, but he wasn't complaining, they hadn't been as close lately ever since they moved out and they started doing separate things, I mean, they even stopped doing Sup3rfruit and that thought still breaks Mitch's heart. He decided to see if that playful aspect of their friendship was still there so he covered his mouth and Scott's ear before whispering into it when the conversation between the group died down as everyone but Mitch was eating, Mitch didn't want to eat so he wasn't.

"You look hot today, Scotty," Mitch whispered causing Scott to choke on his food, not expecting that but smirking when the words registered, but he still didn't say anything, just held the hand holding Mitch's waist tighter to help keep his best friend from falling off his lap. Mitch continued whispering in Scott's ear getting a, mostly, confused reaction but he loved it, he knew Scott knew he was joking... at least he hoped because he genuinely loved how happy Scott was with Mark.

This went on for almost ten minutes before Kirstie spoke up to Scott causing Mitch to stop before his eyes widened and he jumped off Scott's lap, but no one paid him any attention. He grabbed his car keys before all but sprinting down to his car and back... yes Mitch ran down and up stairs voluntarily... strange, I know.

He began writing the second he sat down and within less than five minutes he'd written a song. He grabbed the book and all but leapt to the piano and began to play the melody, stopping the band from talking as they listened to him and watched him mouth what they could only assume was lyrics. They watched him smile before pulling out his phone and face timing Austin who picked up instantly.

"Austin Taylor," Mitch started causing his counterpart to laugh as he answered.

"Mitchell Coby Michael, what's up, babe?" Austin asked after greeting Mitch in the same way he greeted him.

"I finished the album, Aus. I literally just wrote what'll be one of the Dolls' favourites in under five minutes. And I actually wanna use this song," Mitch spoke causing Austin to gasp loudly, eyes wide causing Mitch to laugh at his reaction.

Mitch and Austin continued to talk as Mitch grabbed his song book and took it to the table, grabbing the sheet music in the middle of the table and finishing the lyrics to the song the band was writing before speaking up again. "Babe, come over later, I've gotta go, I actually wanna get this deluxe album written," Mitch spoke causing Austin to laugh.

"Babe, I'm literally about to walk into your house, it's closet day so I'm gonna begin so when you get back you aren't stressed, Kels is at home and we're fine, love you," Austin spoke causing Mitch to gasp.

"Babe, I forgot about that. Ughh, thank you, I hate getting rid of clothes, it hurts my heart. I love you too, see you in like 20 minutes," Mitch said before blowing a kiss and getting one back before putting the phone down. He grabbed the lyrics he'd just finished for the band before walking to the recording booth.

Because of Covid, they weren't allowed many people to meet so they were doing everything themselves. He turned the music on to a thirty second timer before leaving the sheets on the table and going into the booth and putting the headphones on just as the song started. He recorded all of his music and his backing voice and his vocal notes to go behind it.

He came out to the band still watching him in shock. He turned the equipment off before looking at them with a sigh. "What? I only finished and recorded the song, what's up?" He asked sarcastically as he walked up to couch Kirstie and Scott were sat on. Scott grabbed his hand and pulled it over his shoulder so it rested on his chest before linking their fingers together gently.

"How did you just do that? We've been stuck on those lyrics for like two weeks and then you completed an entire song in under five minutes?" Kevin asked causing Mitch to sigh and rest his chin on top of Scott's head gently.