(20) I hate you

Demi's POV

Well I've been out of the hospital for a few days and I'm going back to school today (with it being Monday and all). Billie and Adie have decided to call it quits and Adrienne's back in Minnesota. She took Joey and Jakob with her but they made an agreement that Joey and Jakob can come visit on weekends and whenever they feel like. It might be difficult but I hope it works out for them. I've been skyping the boys almost every day. They come to me about their problems and I try my best to get them through it. They told me Adie hates my guts. I guess you could say the feeling's mutual.

Anyway, I'm sitting here in English lit and my teacher is a real bitch. Her name's Miss Casgraffe and she's stuck up and rude. She's already given me crap for talking to Scott too much (thank god he's in this class).

Right now we're reading fucking Romeo and Juliet. Yuck. I've already read this at my last school. I finished reading a scene and decided to take out my notebook and think of some lyrics.

Hmm, well I thought about the night at the hospital. Let's go from there.

This time, I gotta put my guard down

Pick myself up off the ground and take the pain

It'll pass, the swelling never really lasts

But the scar remains remind me that I'm still living

I was getting into it when someone behind me cleared their throat really loud. I looked up to see Miss Casgraffe looking at me with dagger eyes. "Miss Armstrong that doesn't look like reading to me." she spoke arrogantly.

 "Gee, maybe cause it's not." I replied sarcastically. I heard a few gasps. 

"What was that?" she asked angrily.

 "Are you deaf too!?" I asked her in faux shock. 

"That's it, to the office you go!" she raised her voice. 

"It's better than this shit hole" I muttered. 

"Speak up Miss Armstrong" she demanded. 

"I said it's better than this shit hole!" I screamed in her face. And with that I got my stuff, shoved the piece of paper in my pocket and stormed out of the class.

When I got to the office I was told to walk right into the principal's office. He looked disappointed. Here we go...

"Miss Armstrong this is your first day back and you're already disrupting your class" he spoke sternly. "Well at least it's not the first period this time and no one got the shit beaten out of them" I replied casually. "Language!" he slightly raised his voice. I went quiet. "We've called your father, you're suspended." My eyes widened a bit. "Seriously? For how long?" "Two days. You may go now." Mr Morton, the principal shooed me out of his office. This couldn't be happening. Billie almost lost it last time. Now that I'm suspended, oh fuck!

I went to my locker to grab some notebooks. I texted Scott letting him know that I'm suspended. I sighed and shut my locker. I dragged my feet as I tried to take as much time as possible to get back to the office where I would meet up with Billie. I saw him there. He did not look happy, not one bit. He was tapping his foot impatiently and his eyes were like daggers. Not a pretty sight.

"Let's go" Billie spoke furiously. I reluctantly followed him out of the building and into his car. We sped off in a huff. It was an uncomfortable silence to say the least.

"Really Demi? Do we REALLY have to go over this AGAIN?" he asked with pure anger. I just remained silent and pulled my legs up to my stomach and curled up in a ball and looked out the window. "Do you have anything to say?" he asked impatiently.