(17) Don't look away from the arms of love

Demi's POV

"Maria?" Billie, Mike, and Tre asked in astonishment.

"Mom?" I asked in disbelief.

"Hi Demi" she spoke up with a small broken smile.

"What the? How the? Huh?" I asked. I couldn't form complete sentences. I swear just a few weeks ago my mum was dead. How is she standing in front of me right now?

"Why don't you just get some rest and I'll explain it to you when you wake up?" she offered. I just nodded and Mike, Tre, and Scott decided to leave the room. My mom and dad left shortly after. I bet they have some catching up to do...

I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Billie's POV

I was beyond confused right now. So many emotions. I was pissed that Adrienne cheated on me. I was scared that my daughter was going to die. I was relieved to finally hear she'll be okay. And now finding out that Maria is alive and in front of me. I fought the urge to kiss her right then and there.

There was an awkward silence between us. "Uh.. hi." she decided to break the silence. 

I couldn't help but scoff a little. "Cute. Maria why the hell did you fake your death? Do you have any idea how much Demi would cry over you? Do you have any idea how many times I-" I stopped myself. She looked up at me like a confused puppy. "How many times you what?" she asked. Think Billie think. "Uh, how many times I had to.. get her new boxes of tissues?" Good one Billie...

She scoffed at that. "You suck at lying. I didn't fake my death. I was in a coma. Apparently the doctors thought I wasn't going to make it and someone decided to inform Demi's school and her that I was dead when I wasn't. When I was out of a coma and found out I didn't bother trying to get Demi back. I felt like I just made her life hell anyway and she's always asked me about meeting her dad so when she finally had the chance I decided I wouldn't ruin it for her." she stopped herself. She looked on the verge of tears. Something rare to see.

"Maria.." I spoke softly.

"Do you know what it's like to have your child ask you every year on her birthday why daddy isn't there? She thought you hated and left her Billie." she started to cry. I walked towards her to hug her but she pushed away, "Don't." 

"Babe.." I spoke again.

 "I'm not your babe okay? You piss me off so much you don't even-" I cut her off by pressing my lips onto hers, hard.

She was taken back. I backed her up against a door to a supply closet. She was more relaxed and wrapped her arms around my neck and was tugging loosely at my hair. My hands roamed her sides freely. She bit down on my lip which caused me to groan. She smiled into the kiss satisfied. I opened the door to the supply closet and pushed her in and closed it behind us. I did something I hadn't done in a long time but have wanted to do for a long time.

I'm pretty sure you get the picture.

Maria's POV

After me and Billie had a little uhm.. reunion, I decided to go check on Demi. Billie went to go get a coffee and see the boys. I walked into Demi's room and found her awake. "Hey sweetie" I spoke in a hushed voice.

 She stared at me like a deer in the headlights. "How?" was all she could say. I sighed and walked over to her bed and sat down on a chair beside her bed. I explained it all to her.

All she could do was cry and hug me tight. "Don't do that ever again mum! I love you and would never want you dead just to meet my dad." she choked out through her sobs which caused me to cry.