(9) Read me my rights and tell me I am wrong

Demi's POV

I stumbled into the black SUV. Billie sped off, gripping the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were turning white. My mind was still having trouble processing everything that was going on around me but I was able to figure out that I was in for it.

"What happened to inviting over Mike and Tre!?" Billie finally spoke up with anger and annoyance noted in his voice. 

"I got invited to a partyyy" I slurred out.

 "How? By who?" Billie asked confused. 

"By this jerk named Scott" I replied and felt my stomach do a flip of disgust. 

"Well why'd you go to a party with uhm... this jerk named Scott? As a matter fact, how do you even know this Scott?" Billie looked like a confused toddler but he was still pissed. 

"Well I met him that one day at that music store and another time at the mall and we text each other and I thought he was gonna grow a pair and ask me out but I found him sucking some other chick's face off!!" I replied letting off a bit of steam. 

"Oh. Well Demi what the hell!? You said you were staying home. You could've told me that you were going out!" Billie Joe went back to his full on angry demeanor. 

I brought my knees up to my chest and curled into a ball, "I thought I'd be back before you guys" I answered honestly. 

"But you weren't! Instead you were out partying! You reek of weed and booze! And the paparazzi found you! Do you have any idea what's gonna be in the media now!? I can just picture it now.. 'Billie Joe Armstrong: Why rockstars shouldn't be parents'!!" Billie Joe exclaimed. I was actually a tad afraid. I didn't like this Billie Joe. 

"Are you really making this about you right now?" I asked a little frustrated. He brushed it off.

We approached the house. "Oh and another thing, this better not happen again. I don't want to find you on drugs, drunk and lying on the ground some where." Billie scolded me. 

Wait a minute. Did he just tell me to get off drugs and alcohol? That fucker has a lot of nerve reading me the riot act. 

"You've got a lot of nerve telling me to stay away from drugs and alcohol when you're a damn addict!" I yelled at him. I got out of the car and slammed the door as hard as I could. I stormed in the house and ignored all the greetings I received and stormed up the stairs with the occasional trip. 

I walked into my room and slammed the door and began to cry. Screw Billie. Here I am thinking I can finally be with my dad and be happy and then he turns out to be a huge hypocrite. Either that, or I'm still really fucked up. 

Billie Joe's POV

I sighed and got out of the car that my teenage daughter just stormed out of. I didn't mean to sound so harsh with her but god dammit she just doesn't get it. This scandal will kill her. She's gonna be like the next Lindsay Lohan for fuck sake. They'll twist and turn everything around on her and she doesn't deserve that. I'll admit I was just like her when I was her age except the tabloids didn't give a shit. Now they do all because she's my kid. Hence, why I don't want her to be like me.

I entered my house more calm than Demi did, that much was obvious. 

"Hey Beej" Mike spoke up. Everyone else looked a little tense. 

"I take it she went up to her room?" I sighed as I asked. 

"Yeah. You sit here, I'm gonna try and calm her down before you both sit down and talk." Tre replied totally serious. Tre is the biggest joker out of the three of us but he can be as serious as ever at times like this. I simply nodded and Tre went upstairs. I only agreed cause Tre and Demi have grown really close they're practically best friends.