(27) I'm thinking about a brand new hope

Demi's POV

I sat on the Green Day bus alone sitting on a bunk holding an ice pack against my cheek. I had dry mascara tears down my cheeks and to be honest, I looked like Rocky Balboa at the end of a match. 

Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit here but my boyfriend just hit me in the damn face and I have every right to be insanely pissed off about it!

Something is going on with Scott. I don't like it. He's super protective and as much as that turns me on, it gets rather annoying some times.

But I guess I can't really blame him. I'd be the exact same way. I knew him hitting me was an accident but I just wanted to keep my distance from everyone. 

"Demi?" I heard someone call out. 

"Please go away" I replied to whoever was disrupting my sulk fest. 

Joey's head appeared and he walked towards me. 

He sighed "Look Demi I'm really sorry for the way I've been acting. Honestly, I have huge feelings for you and I'm not sure why. And yeah I know you already have a boyfriend and we are technically related so it probably be best for me to realize that we won't have a relationship like you and Scott do. So uh.. friends?" he was being sincere. No trace of a lie in his eyes. '

I flashed a small smile, or at least I attempted to. "I'd like that Joey" 

He came over and hugged me. "Oh and I started that fight with Scott and he didn't mean to hit you and he's very very sorry." Joey added. 

My smile faded and I let out a sigh "I know but I think me and him need some time apart. Not like a break up but tonight I don't really want to be around him." I let a tear roll down my cheek. 

Joey wiped it away almost instantly. "Hey hey. Don't cry" he soothed me. 

I sniffled a little and he pulled me into another hug. "Look, you two really care about each other, I can tell. I can see it in Scott's eyes. Whenever you come around, he looks like a kid on Christmas. He perks up and is always smiling when you're with him. I'm pretty sure he loves you and is kicking his own ass right now knowing that he has hurt you." Wow, Joey is really good with words. 

"I know Joey and I'm pretty sure I love him too but this is gonna be a long ass tour and us being together 24/7 might get a bit annoying so I'm just gonna keep my distance until tomorrow or so." Joey nodded and smiled. 

"Well I better get back to my bus. Are you gonna be okay?" All I could do is nod. He walked off the bus and I was alone again. I slipped into my pjs and passed out in my bunk.

Billie's POV

Scott put his hands on my fucking daughter! I don't give a flying shit if he is Mike's kid I'm kicking his fucking ass! 

As soon as I saw him I sprinted at him and took him down. I landed three punches on him before Mike, Tre, and Jason lifted me off of him and held me back. 

"Fuck" I heard Scott mutter as he cradled his jaw. 

"You son of a bitch! You hurt my fucking daughter! You are so fucking dead motherfucker!" I was livid. No one and I mean NO-FUCKING-ONE harms my family. 

"Billie Joe Armstrong calm the fuck down!" Maria raised her voice. 

How the fuck could she tell me to calm down? He hit OUR daughter. I stared at her in disbelief. 

"I saw the whole thing okay? Joey started a fight with Scott so they were beating each other up. Demi stepped in trying to get Scott off of Joey and he accidentally threw his hand back and it hit her." Maria explained as calm as possible.