(6) Having A Blast

The next morning I woke up to Tre and Mike staring at me. "HOLY SHIT" I jumped and nearly fell out of the bed.

 "Oh hey there" (A/N: that Tre meme tho.) Tre spoke first. 

"What the hell you guys? How long have you been watching me?" I asked still in shock.

 "Maybe like 10 minutes." Mike replied nonchalantly. Suddenly I heard voices fighting again. Adrienne & Billie Joe. 

"Are you serious right now Billie Joe? You're taking her shopping again? You're gonna blow all your money on her every day!?" 

"Not everyday and it's not like I've seen her the past 16 years! I'm just trying to make her feel welcome here cause even though she won't say it; SHE DOES NOT FEEL WELCOME HERE." 

"Well no one's stopping her from leaving!"

"Are you serious right now Adrienne!? SHE'S STAYING."

"She's got you wrapped around her finger. You're turning her into a spoiled rotten daddy's girl for Christ sake." 

"Are you seriously jealous of Demi, Adie? Like seriously!? You're being absolutely ridiculous."

"No but you're choosing her over your own damn family!"

"SHE IS MY FAMILY AND SO ARE YOU, JOEY & JAKOB!"

I couldn't take any more. I slipped on a big baggy black hoodie and went outside to the balcony. I lit a cigarette and took a drag. I leaned on the railing and took another drag trying to block out the world around me. 

I didn't get it. Why does Adrienne hate me so much? I've hardly even talked to her. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her around at all lately. I let my mind wander a bit. Oh no. What if Adrienne is cheating on Billie? Don't think like that Demi. Just cause she hates you doesn't mean she's a total bitch (only a partial one). 

~~~~~~~

Billie Joe's POV

I stormed up stairs leaving Adrienne behind me and looking like she was about to cry. Good. She has said nothing but horrible things about Demi ever since she's gotten here. Demi doesn't deserve this. She's had a hard enough life already. 

I never told Adie this but me and Demi's mother, Maria kept in contact for a while. Just talking about Demi. There were numerous times I offered to pay for a house for them to live in, a nice one too but Maria refused. That woman had far too much pride. She was independent and never wanted to feel useless and vulnerable. Something I admired. When she told me one night that one of her ex boyfriend had thrown Demi against a wall so hard and cracked her rib I lost it. I needed to see my daughter. She deserves much more than what her life has given her. Even when Demi smiles, there's always a glint of hurt in her eyes. It's heart breaking, really.

I remembered that the guys went into Demi's room. I walked in to find them but no Demi. 

"She's out on the balcony Beej" Mike spoke up, sensing I was going to ask where she was. 

"We thought that you should talk to her about this instead of us." Tre added. I nodded and walked out to the balcony.

I wasn't completely taken off guard to find my daughter smoking a cigarette. I take it she heard me and Adrienne's fight and was stressed about it even though she shouldn't be. That girl's got a big heart. I decided to break the silence, "got a smoke?"

~~~~~~~

Demi's POV

"Got a smoke?" Billie asked out of the blue. I nodded and handed him one. He took my lighter from the little white table and lit it up. He took a drag before asking "So I take it you heard most of that?" I just nodded again not wanting to talk.