(30) Hearts Collide

6 Months Later...

Demi's POV

Today is my 17th birthday. Another birthday has come and past without my dad here. I've always asked my mom who my real dad is. She's avoided the topic completely. But this year when I asked her, she looked like she was about to cry.

My mum had gotten me some great presents this year. She even got me the new Green Day trilogy on vinyl! Some of the songs on ¡Dos! And ¡Tré! sounded familiar though. Like I had heard them before.

I've been having strange dreams lately. And I've been thinking of what Billie Joe said to me in the hospital. Was he high or something? Was I high or something?

I've thought about that cute blond boy that visited me too. His name was.. Scott I think? He claimed I was his girlfriend. How come I don't remember him then? He looked like he was about to cry when I told him I didn't know who he was.

"Demi come upstairs for a sec." my mum spoke from upstairs.

"Coming!" I called back.

I ran upstairs and being the klutz that I am, I fell up the stairs. I did a face plant and smacked one of the steps pretty hard.

"Aw fuck!" I screeched as I hit the step face first. Hard.

"Demi?" my mum called. Pretty soon she was helping me to my feet. 

"Are you okay?" she asked. Suddenly I had the urge to vomit. I pushed passed her and ran to the bathroom and puked into the toilet.

"Holy hell" I muttered after I puked. Then I hurled again. My head hurt like a bitch. I had all these images popping up in my head. Images of Scott. Images of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tré Cool, and Jason White. Images of Adrienne Nesser. Images of Joey and Jakob. Images of Billie Joe kissing my mum.

Holy shit it was all coming back to me!

I flushed the toilet and took some mouth wash.

I burst out of the bathroom. "Demi baby are you alright?" my mum asked. Panic written all over her face. 

"I have to call dad!" I spoke frantically. A smile grew on her face. 

"Oh my god you got your memory back!" I nodded and booked it into my room. I grabbed my phone off of the side table and scrolled through my contacts. I clicked on dad's number and it dialed. After a few rings it picked up.

"Hello?"

"Dad?"

Billie's POV

August 1, 2013. Demi's 17th birthday. 

And I can't be there with her cause she doesn't remember me as her dad. Although I have to admit it was kinda funny talking to her in the hospital. She was nervous when she was talking to me. It was adorable.

Adrienne tried to get back with me. Honestly, it probably would've been the easy way out but I just couldn't. I still get to see Joey and Jakob though. Emily's Army is going great.

I've called Maria every day for 6 months straight. I miss her. I miss Demi. I miss how things were 6 months ago. Adrienne's well aware of what happened to Demi. Shockingly, she's upset about the condition Demi's in.

Right now me and the boys are at band practice. It's not going to great. We're all a little sad. Okay, understatement of the fucking year. I pretty much broke down when we played Drama Queen.

"Billie?" Mike asked me bringing me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah?" I sniffled. 

"Your uh.. your phone's ringing." he pointed at it. I shot up and answered it.