(14) Are you locked up in a world that's been planned out for you?

Billie Joe's POV

The whole car ride to the interview I could tell Demi was nervous. She was tense as hell and I could see her facial reaction in the mirror. She looked scared and nervous and well, not herself. While Mike and Tre were butchering songs on the radio, Demi was curled up in her seat looking upset. Usually she would join in but not today. 

I sighed a little and slumped in my seat. Tre nudged me and gave me the 'you okay?' look. I just pointed at Demi and he nodded. He knew and so did Mike that Demi wasn't looking forward to this interview. I'm only making her go because if she doesn't the media might make up some rumor that she thinks she's too good for interviews or some stupid shit like that and make her look worse. I was just hoping this interview will show everyone that she's a great girl.

Demi's POV

We arrived to the set of the interview and I felt my hands grip the edges of my seat even harder. "Uh Demi?" Mike asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

 "Hmm?" I asked looking up at three pairs of eyes looking at me. 

"I hate to interrupt you from strangling that seat but we're here" Mike stated with a small chuckle. I just faked a smile and got out of the car.

When we got inside the building I got bombarded by adults taking me over to hair and makeup. Once that was done I had maybe 5 to 10 minutes to get to the set and meet up with Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre when suddenly I ran into another person.

"Ow" we both breathed out at the same time. I looked up to be face to face with....

You've got to be kidding me.

Scott.

This was so ironic.

"Demi! Fancy meeting you here." he smiled. 

"Are you following me?" I asked in a sarcastic tone but I was dead serious. This was just... weird. 

"Close. Actually I was visiting my uncle. He works on set here. Hey just curious but any reason you lied to me about living with Billie Joe?"  

I sighed, "I dunno Scott I was just worried that you'd act weird around me or treat me different or something." I looked down to my feet and shuffled them a little." 

He lifted my chin up (so I had to look him in the eyes) with his index and middle finger and looked me dead in the eye. "Demi, I wouldn't treat you differently. I really like you." he sounded so sincere but I just had a feeling that he wasn't being real with me. 

I sighed again, "Scott I don't know I just, everything around me is so fucked up right now and I just really don't feel like losing-" I was cut off and taken off guard as Scott pressed his lips onto mine, hard. Well, that is one way to shut me up.

We both pulled away from the kiss to catch our breath. 

"I gotta go on set now" I broke the silence. 

"Okay. What are you doing after this?" he asked. 

"Going to the mall, wanna come?" I offered. A smile grew on his face as he nodded. 

"Okay I'll meet you after the interview." and with that he kissed me on the cheek and I headed to the set to begin the interview. All the nerves Scott washed away temporarily kicked back in.

~

It's been maybe 15 minutes into the interview and I haven't been asked anything yet. I'm okay with it though. The less questions I get, the better.

"So Demi I've heard you're a songwriter too?" the male interviewer asked. 

I just nodded, speechless that I was being interviewed and not wanting to mess up. Billie squeezed my hand lightly as if telling me to not worry or be nervous. A small smile formed on my face.